Just found out I forgot to add my recommenders to the list to one of the programs I'm applying to

I just found out right now that I forgot to include my recommenders' names to one program I am applying to for next fall. In each of the LOR packets I gave my recommenders, I did note that I am applying here, but I simply forgot to add them and they did not receive an email to upload electronic letters. Thankfully, it has the latest deadline (in March), but I am a bit worried I will annoy them by sending them another link.

How should I let them know that they still need to upload their letters to one more school? This past week was finals week and I doubt they will be crazy busy, but I am just worried that I will be an inconvenience.

I can't believe I forgot to add them to this one, it's my top choice school too...

just write them a letter saying that you are very sorry that this and this happened (keeping details minimal) and here is the link for another ap.. they have most probably a general letter that they can modify and send if needed. Of course if you do this earlier than later they will have more time to modify it. I had the same doubts once, asking hesitantly for one more LOR and one of my profs was telling me that if he wrote a letter to me once I could and should just ask him for any number of recommendations at any time bc he has the basic letter in his computer. Now of course I did not get overconfident with using profs like that, but certainly I can see that if they have invested the energy to write you a letter already the inconvenience of sending it to one more place is minimal.

just write them a letter saying that you are very sorry that this and this happened (keeping details minimal) and here is the link for another ap.. they have most probably a general letter that they can modify and send if needed. Of course if you do this earlier than later they will have more time to modify it. I had the same doubts once, asking hesitantly for one more LOR and one of my profs was telling me that if he wrote a letter to me once I could and should just ask him for any number of recommendations at any time bc he has the basic letter in his computer. Now of course I did not get overconfident with using profs like that, but certainly I can see that if they have invested the energy to write you a letter already the inconvenience of sending it to one more place is minimal.

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking of waiting until the first of January because that is when I will send them a link to a school that requires I submit my application first. I was thinking I can just tell them, I'm sorry, but I realized that there is one more school I forgot to add your name to, so I have sent it as well". or something like that. Or should I just go ahead and email them now?

I was thinking of waiting until the first of January because that is when I will send them a link to a school that requires I submit my application first. I was thinking I can just tell them, I'm sorry, but I realized that there is one more school I forgot to add your name to, so I have sent it as well". or something like that. Or should I just go ahead and email them now?

You can email them now.. or whenever you prefer. The online recommendation form fields where you provide your letter writers' names and email ids can be added, deleted or altered even after you turn in your application. So, there's nothing to worry about. Simply add their names and email ids and that should take care of the rest.

Thank you for your reply.

I think you can email them now. And if they do not react soon, you can even call. As Bhikhaari have said, it's unlikely the professors will get mad at you for that. The earlier you notify them, the earlier they will submit letters. Just write them a polite email explaining the situation. They will understand.

And good luck with applications! :)

I think you can email them now. And if they do not react soon, you can even call. As Bhikhaari have said, it's unlikely the professors will get mad at you for that. The earlier you notify them, the earlier they will submit letters. Just write them a polite email explaining the situation. They will understand.

And good luck with applications! :)

Thanks! I will go ahead and email them tomorrow morning or later tonight. I'm so looking forward to the end of the applications process!