Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

And JHU is on the board.

To be honest, the Wisconsin Senate Showdown has been much more consuming today than the results board, thankfully. Felt nice to get a day off from grad app obsession/anxiety.

Edited by Purled

And JHU is on the board.

To be honest, the Wisconsin Senate Showdown has been much more consuming today than the results board, thankfully. Felt nice to get a day off from grad app obsession/anxiety.

True, with Egypt (and now Bahrain and elswhere), Wisconsin, etc. it's a very fun time to be an aspiring political scientist.

And JHU is on the board.

They can't be...I was told that they were still organizing and gathering documents for the committee....:huh:

And JHU is on the board.

This freaks me out since they haven't even contacted me back regarding my missing GRE scores. :unsure:

I will not fret until someone posts a SAIS result. I will not fret until someone posts a SAIS result. I will not fret until someone posts a SAIS result...

They can't be...I was told that they were still organizing and gathering documents for the committee....:huh:

Well, I know for a fact that an adcomm member was looking at my app a couple of weeks ago, so who knows what step they're currently at.

I'm trying not to think too hard about not having received any communication from them as of yet.

Waitlisted at Hopkins. Is it pathetic that I'm really excited to be waitlisted instead of rejected outright?

Not at all. In fact, I'm jealous. What's your subfield, if you don't mind me asking? Also, congratulations!

Edited by Purled

Waitlisted at Hopkins. Is it pathetic that I'm really excited to be waitlisted instead of rejected outright?

No, I'd like to at least have made it that far... I'd also be interested in your subfield and stats.

Edited by camcgee97

I think you are being too hard on yourself, although this whole situation is not easy. Can you write them to get information on the size and likelihood of pulling people from the waitlist? Programs often have some sense of this. I read all 169 pages of last year's thread and, near the end, a considerable number of waitlistees did make it in.

I think you are being too hard on yourself, although this whole situation is not easy. Can you write them to get information on the size and likelihood of pulling people from the waitlist? Programs often have some sense of this. I read all 169 pages of last year's thread and, near the end, a considerable number of waitlistees did make it in.

Thanks for the idea...

Which led me to discover that last year MIT sent out admits on Monday the 22nd, which would be equivalent to this coming Monday. So I think we MIT applicants should all know by Tuesday/Wednesday.

169 pages? That is courage.

Does JHU do PhD and SAIS applications close together? Based on past SAIS, I would say those only come in the middle of March...So no worries yet!

Not a chance. They're different faculties with different processes located on different campuses in different cities. So if they do, it's complete and utter luck.

Not a chance. They're different faculties with different processes located on different campuses in different cities. So if they do, it's complete and utter luck.

Do you know when the poli sci PhD's had to have their apps in? The fact that my SAIS PhD app was only due about 2 weeks ago is why I keep trying to tell myself not to freak out (too much).

Do you know when the poli sci PhD's had to have their apps in? The fact that my SAIS PhD app was only due about 2 weeks ago is why I keep trying to tell myself not to freak out (too much).

They were due January 15th. You've got time, don't worry.

As for the rest of us, well, it was a hell of a stretch, anyway.

Edited by Purled

That's what I figured, but I knew SAIS had a PhD and wasn't sure if that was the same one. I didn't look into JHU PhD, hence the ignorance.