Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

You have to check here (https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/newapp/Login.asp?topage=AdmissionStatus.asp) to see if you too are the recipient of a lovely rejection letter that is most certainly not worth the money I paid to apply to this school.

I think the quality of the rejection letter should be directly related to the admission fee; ie, if I paid $100 or more to apply to your school you'd better write me a letter that says I'm too awesome for your school or else... yeah, I have no lever on this. Or else nothing. I could dispute the charge with my credit card company, I guess.

Mine still says "no decision has been made on your application." Sigh.

If you get into the school of your choice, you could always pretend to stick it to them by holding a LeBron-esque "Decision" right here on the forums.

CE

I have been planning a LeBron-style decision for months.

The lady at Chicago said that pretty much all acceptances went out yesterday. "Other decisions" (ie, rejections) will be sent out in March.

I take it that this includes wait-lists as well, seeing as there is one reported on the 'results' page of this site... ah well, they can't take all of us.

Now I'm wondering whether or not all of the Northwestern acceptances have been sent out, or if there are still some pending... I'm still among those who haven't heard a peep from them.

Also put on the waitlist.... is there anything you can do to signal to the department that you are seriously interested?

I don't think it would harm anyone to send them an e-mail stating that you appreciate their time/energy, and that you just wanted to take the opportunity to express your sincere interest in the department, etc.

I worked up the courage to call and no one answered, which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I should just wait (that or the lady was at lunch).

thanks! yeah i guess we will hear eventually.... there's no action on the results board, so we aren't the only applicants in the dark!

I have been admitted to the University of Kentucky. It did not say anything about funding, but I am not sure if they have sent those decisions yet. Im a conditional status right now because I need an awarded bachelor's degree which I will have in May. Anyone get into Kentucky with funding?

I have been admitted to the University of Kentucky. It did not say anything about funding, but I am not sure if they have sent those decisions yet. Im a conditional status right now because I need an awarded bachelor's degree which I will have in May. Anyone get into Kentucky with funding?

Same email as you, mate. Emailed Dr. Waterman to see when we'll hear about funding. I'm almost certain their other admits are in the same boat, so don't worry too much about it.

Same email as you, mate. Emailed Dr. Waterman to see when we'll hear about funding. I'm almost certain their other admits are in the same boat, so don't worry too much about it.

Tell me about it when you get a response. Id email, but he has other emails of this nature.