Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

yes this process is painful!! however, from last year it looks as though GW really does wait until mid-march to release decisions, so we can postpone severe anxiety for another week or so. by the way, does your GW app say "Under Review" when you log into Apply Yourself?

YES!!!!

One of the reasons I didn't apply to BU was due to the funding thingy. I was discouraged browsing their department website where they kind of strongly state that they want their PhD students to work their butt off and always be scared of losing funding. Florida also does that btw. They explicitly state the funding is not guaranteed but a student should expect to receive funding if they're enrolled in X amount of courses etc etc.

Anyhow, am I the only one in this board who hasn't heard anything from Maryland yet?

I should have known better. A PhD acceptance without funding is even worse than a rejection....

I should have known better. A PhD acceptance without funding is even worse than a rejection....

Ya, it kinda is. :-(

But at least it's nice to get in somewhere...that's how I am trying to look at it lol.

Edited by rosie14

Ya, it kinda is. :-(

But at least it's nice to get in somewhere...that's how I am trying to look at it lol.

Hugs and hands;)

I'm not going to be able to make it because of the money issue. If nothing good comes out for the remaining schools I guess I'll just give up and start looking for a job. It's sad to have a broken dream, but this is the reality that I have to live with. sigh.

Hugs and hands;)

I'm not going to be able to make it because of the money issue. If nothing good comes out for the remaining schools I guess I'll just give up and start looking for a job. It's sad to have a broken dream, but this is the reality that I have to live with. sigh.

As my boyfriend keeps telling me, there's always next year.:rolleyes:

sorry to hear things aren't going so well...but i did want to give you some words of encouragement, if you end up going out on the job market: i'm pretty sure that having relevant work experience on my resume was one of the principle reasons i had a successful season. (i've been out of undergrad for a few years and currently work in politics.) so don't think of having to get a job as a defeat, just a step in bolstering your application if/when you resubmit. :)

sorry to hear things aren't going so well...but i did want to give you some words of encouragement, if you end up going out on the job market: i'm pretty sure that having relevant work experience on my resume was one of the principle reasons i had a successful season. (i've been out of undergrad for a few years and currently work in politics.) so don't think of having to get a job as a defeat, just a step in bolstering your application if/when you resubmit. :)

Thanks Morningglory! That helps a lot. And Congrats on all your successes this season!!

Any Virginia admits out there? I want to know what's the word on funding....

is the person here who already got their offer? (saw it on the results list) Wondering if I should send an email asking about funding. Their website says decisions are made mid-march, but someone claimed to already have gotten an offer. I've been anxiously checking the mail everyday since, and nothing...

Any Virginia admits out there? I want to know what's the word on funding....

is the person here who already got their offer? (saw it on the results list) Wondering if I should send an email asking about funding. Their website says decisions are made mid-march, but someone claimed to already have gotten an offer. I've been anxiously checking the mail everyday since, and nothing...

I haven't heard anything either. But I e-mailed a lady (whose name I forgot) and she said that if I don't hear anything by this week to e-mail her back on Monday. So hopefully we'll be hearing something soon...

In other news, got my first non-reject! Just waitlisted. But it's better than a rejection!

I haven't heard anything either. But I e-mailed a lady (whose name I forgot) and she said that if I don't hear anything by this week to e-mail her back on Monday. So hopefully we'll be hearing something soon...

See, I actually got my acceptance from UVa, but not info about funding. Although I wasn't sure at first, as I investigate the program more thoroughly, it has now become my #1. Yea, Charlottesville!

Hey all, I'm a first timer in this forum. Just knew about it like a few days ago and have been lurking around the forum ever since.

I'm getting a lot (emphasis) and I mean A LOT of rejects right now--I've only been accepted to Chicago.

Has anyone received an official letter from Chicago??any word on funding??

I only got the unofficial version from the dept chair(no word on funding, only talking about the Admission day)

and I'm now getting worried/paranoid if they would like...send me an email saying that there's been a mistake and I've been rejected.........................my worst nightmare.................................

Hey all, I'm a first timer in this forum. Just knew about it like a few days ago and have been lurking around the forum ever since.

I'm getting a lot (emphasis) and I mean A LOT of rejects right now--I've only been accepted to Chicago.

Has anyone received an official letter from Chicago??any word on funding??

I only got the unofficial version from the dept chair(no word on funding, only talking about the Admission day)

and I'm now getting worried/paranoid if they would like...send me an email saying that there's been a mistake and I've been rejected.........................my worst nightmare.................................

you are thinking too much...and btw, Chicago is a great school! Congrats!!

you are thinking too much...and btw, Chicago is a great school! Congrats!!

haha yeah i guess so (i hope so)

thanks anyways!! it'll suck to go w/o funding though:( i just really wish my cycle would finish so that i wouldn't need to check my email every morning.

haha yeah i guess so (i hope so)

thanks anyways!! it'll suck to go w/o funding though:( i just really wish my cycle would finish so that i wouldn't need to check my email every morning.

same here. I'm still in limbo and would be so happy if I got a funded acceptance. the suspense is killing me. knock the wood!!