Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

I wonder how many have been interviewed. Persiandoc mentioned that some get in without interview, but that might just be the ones coming out of NYU.

Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better here, but from my understanding, I thought that interviews weren't an integral part of the admissions process at NYU? That's what I've heard from a few people...

Hey anthros,

Just got an email from Princeton. OMG! I'm still suspended in the air. I've been waitlisted! It's hard to be polite at this moment! I've got no idea how short this list is or where do I stand in the waitlist. Plz do help me with your info and updates! Anybody else has been waitlisted? Any statistical info would be welcome!

Ugh, I am sorry persiandoc. But you know what, waitlist is definitely better than an outright reject. This means there's still hope!

Hi mate,

CONGRATS! I'm really happy for you from the bottom of my heart. Do you have any idea how many they've admitted/waitlisted? I just asked them and will keep you updated. Yet, I'd truly appreciate if you could also try to retrieve some statistical info for me,

cheers,

Princeton response just went out! I got in, and its a top choice right now. Be on the look out for the email if you applied

Hi mate,

CONGRATS! I'm really happy for you from the bottom of my heart. Do you have any idea how many they've admitted/waitlisted? I just asked them and will keep you updated. Yet, I'd truly appreciate if you could also try to retrieve some statistical info for me,

cheers,

Thanks a lot! I sent an email to ask since I know you being on the wait list is really dependent upon who decides to and not to go. I'll post if/when i get a reply.

Did you post your result twice? I saw two acceptances in the results page. I don't mean to be nosy my friend but could you please tell me your top three choices in the order and where are you waiting for? I gather you've not received any other acceptances yet, other than Princeton, right?

My apologies in advance if I may be appearing too pushy, I'm so nervous since I don't have any definite acceptance yet,

P.S.

I personally asked my NYU interviewer if they'd admit without interviews and the answer was YES. That is a reliable info. My NYU friend also confirmed this! So sit tight until tonight!

Thanks a lot! I sent an email to ask since I know you being on the wait list is really dependent upon who decides to and not to go. I'll post if/when i get a reply.

ANYONE WITH NEWS ABOUT STANFORD? please......

thank u!

xoxox i sit in the library trying to write....and can not focus on anything, oh god.

Did you post your result twice? I saw two acceptances in the results page. I don't mean to be nosy my friend but could you please tell me your top three choices in the order and where are you waiting for? I gather you've not received any other acceptances yet, other than Princeton, right?

My apologies in advance if I may be appearing too pushy, I'm so nervous since I don't have any definite acceptance yet,

P.S.

I personally asked my NYU interviewer if they'd admit without interviews and the answer was YES. That is a reliable info. My NYU friend also confirmed this! So sit tight until tonight!

Congratulations Distand Wizard, looks like you'll be off the forum, eh? and congratulations Persiandoc. I know you're still suspended and that's an absolute pain, but hey, you're wait-listed in Princeton, your good!

Happy for you both!

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments. I love you all,

In response to my Princeton's enquiry, I found out that they admitted 6 in a fierce competition. They used to admit 8 until a couple of years ago and I would have MOST DEFINITELY been accepted straight away if they allowed to admit 8. They proceeded to encouraging me to be patient since I am at the top of the wait list, Ugh! I hope I wouldn't experience the same pain with NYU or Yale!

Congrats to those accepted to and wait-listed at Princeton!

P.S.

Hey Persiandoc, no I totally get your perspective. I only posted my acceptance once (I'm the comment that start's thrilled) and have only heard from Princeton. Right now my top choice is Princeton as I just recieved the offer they are willing to extend to me followed by Duke and then NYU. However, if you get wait listed at either, know that there is a 99% chance I wont take either if I'm accepted. The offer at Princeton is just too competitive right now.

Also, I'm not leaving the forum, I'll still post what info I get from other departments so that you all will get the fastest information that you can. You all were nice enough to me, I figure I can still offer some good info.

That's quite fair! Do you mean by "either" NYU and Princeton? coz I've not applied to Duke at all. I assume you'd get in NYU too, I bet you're a top candidate for you got in Princeton straight away! Actually NYU stands before Princeton for me, so you'd get in Princeton and if I'm wait listed by NYU, I may get in there, WOW! Heaven forbid I'd be rejected by NYU straight away,

Hey Persiandoc, no I totally get your perspective. I only posted my acceptance once (I'm the comment that start's thrilled) and have only heard from Princeton. Right now my top choice is Princeton as I just recieved the offer they are willing to extend to me followed by Duke and then NYU. However, if you get wait listed at either, know that there is a 99% chance I wont take either if I'm accepted. The offer at Princeton is just too competitive right now.

Also, I'm not leaving the forum, I'll still post what info I get from other departments so that you all will get the fastest information that you can. You all were nice enough to me, I figure I can still offer some good info.

That's quite fair! Do you mean by "either" NYU and Princeton? coz I've not applied to Duke at all. I assume you'd get in NYU too, I bet you're a top candidate for you got in Princeton straight away! Actually NYU stands before Princeton for me, so you'd get in Princeton and if I'm wait listed by NYU, I may get in there, WOW! Heaven forbid I'd be rejected by NYU straight away,

Yes, sorry, I forgot you werent applying to Duke. But its looking like Princeton is going win this and I would turn down other offers unless they really surprise me. Will send info when I hear from NYU! Best of luck Persiandoc, I'm pulling for you.

Thanks a bunch my friend.

Yes, sorry, I forgot you werent applying to Duke. But its looking like Princeton is going win this and I would turn down other offers unless they really surprise me. Will send info when I hear from NYU! Best of luck Persiandoc, I'm pulling for you.

Hey Anthros,

I have been lurking on the forum for a bit and this is my first post. I am feeling pretty anxious like many of the rest of you. I applied to 6 programs this year. Perhaps I should have applied to more. I have already been accepted to two master's programs (one with no funding...ugh and the other with possible funding). My top three choices are Penn State, Arizona State, and Ohio State. I have also applied to the University of Pittsburgh. University of Tennessee at Knoxville did not accept me. I didn't really want to go there as I considered it as a backup and it wasn't a good fit. The rejection stung anyway though. I had many communication issues with them and I think they never got my updated GRE scores. So I have seen a few acceptances from these schools on the results board and I am wondering if I have not been accepted. I have not gotten any calls for interviews. I felt at first like I had a competitive application package, but now I am having serious doubts about my chances. Do any of you know anything about what's going on at these universities? Any information you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

- Coyolxauhqui

Hey,

I called the Michigan department - decisions being mailed. However, I cant fail to think thats not a very good sign....

its cold there anyways. haha

Whatever it means, it is so mean. When it's available, why shouldn't it be posted?