Switching Applications

London-Tokyo

Was wondering, is it possible/feasible to request a school to switch your application in-between departments?

For example, (hypothetical) if Georgetown has a MS Foreign Service in SFS but also a MA Int'l. Relations in their Arts & Sciences,

could you request the grad. admissions to transfer your application from one to the other for consideration?

(I think I may have been confused by one of the programs for a certain uni. and so applied to the wrong dept.--

Looks like I'm making a lot of minor errors ohmy.gif)

Was wondering, is it possible/feasible to request a school to switch your application in-between departments?

For example, (hypothetical) if Georgetown has a MS Foreign Service in SFS but also a MA Int'l. Relations in their Arts & Sciences,

could you request the grad. admissions to transfer your application from one to the other for consideration?

(I think I may have been confused by one of the programs for a certain uni. and so applied to the wrong dept.--

Looks like I'm making a lot of minor errors ohmy.gif)

You can try asking them about that, but I think the chances are low. On some school's websites I've seen they say that they do not do such things. But there always can be exceptions. I believe there won't be any harm in addressing this question to a grad coordinator. The worst what can happen is that they'll say "No".

You can try asking them about that, but I think the chances are low. On some school's websites I've seen they say that they do not do such things. But there always can be exceptions. I believe there won't be any harm in addressing this question to a grad coordinator. The worst what can happen is that they'll say "No".

I'm just afraid it might be embarassing and in the long run hurt my chances if I can't switch applications...

But, I guess I'll send an email and ask?

Edit: Instead of asking the current grad. dept. desk that I applied to, I asked the grad. dept. I want to be considered for...unsure.gif

Edited by London-Tokyo