My chances? (yes, another one)

ehpurefoy

Finding this forum has turned me into a nervous wreck. Honest opinions of my stats so I can maintain my hopes at an appropriate level...?

I'm applying for MA and MTS in Islamic Studies and Middle Eastern/N African studies.

B.S. from flagship state university in psych, minor in creative writing, 3.7 GPA

V690 Q690 AW4.5 (ouch!)

post-bacc semester of Arabic GPA 4.0

I've audited a handful of courses with good names attached, have three solid LORS, a strong SOP, and have done a lot of relevant travel

Applying: HDS (MTS), Chicago (MA), WashU, UGA, UMich

Well?

Finding this forum has turned me into a nervous wreck. Honest opinions of my stats so I can maintain my hopes at an appropriate level...?

I'm applying for MA and MTS in Islamic Studies and Middle Eastern/N African studies.

B.S. from flagship state university in psych, minor in creative writing, 3.7 GPA

V690 Q690 AW4.5 (ouch!)

post-bacc semester of Arabic GPA 4.0

I've audited a handful of courses with good names attached, have three solid LORS, a strong SOP, and have done a lot of relevant travel

Applying: HDS (MTS), Chicago (MA), WashU, UGA, UMich

Well?

I'm curious what degree/program are you applying for at WashU?

Ahh, makes sense!

To answer your original question, you seem pretty competitive. Your gpa looks good, and your GRE is well above average. My gpa was a bit higher, but your GRE is better than mine, at least your verbal :).

• 2 weeks later...