MS computer science fall 2011 acceptances

pepsi

4 applications-

Northeastern MS CS - accepted & being considered for full tuition w/ stipend federal scholarship, should learn about it this week

Tufts MS CS - accepted w/ 40% tuition scholarship

Harvard SEAS MS CS - accepted

BU MS CS - no news

Newbie here. Just got an acceptance to UC Irvine this morning! Still waiting for others, but for now I'm stoked!

Congrats ChavezRavine!!

I am still waiting for decision from UCI. Do you, by any chance, know whether they're still assessing the application? Or should i just stop hoping that I'd receive an acceptance letter from UCI? I am absolutely desperate right now.

Any of you guys applied to UCR? Have you heard acceptance news from UCR?

Thanks!

Edited by p3truc1

Congrats ChavezRavine!!

I am still waiting for decision from UCI. Do you, by any chance, know whether they're still assessing the application? Or should i just stop hoping that I'd receive an acceptance letter from UCI? I am absolutely desperate right now.

Any of you guys applied to UCR? Have you heard acceptance news from UCR?

Thanks!

It's early in the game, U are still in the running. I think they stop admitting in mid-May, if I'm not mistaken. I turned in my app on Jan 15th and heard back in a month. What a turnaround! My stats are fairly decent, but I had a conference pub and three solid recs. Hang in there!

It's early in the game, U are still in the running. I think they stop admitting in mid-May, if I'm not mistaken. I turned in my app on Jan 15th and heard back in a month. What a turnaround! My stats are fairly decent, but I had a conference pub and three solid recs. Hang in there!

hey Chavez,

I also got admit to UCI for MS CS back in feb ... but didn't hear abt any funding :(

Did you get any funding info ? Also, should one go without funding there .... are there any funding opportunities in-campus ...

Got admit from MSE, CMU but that is shit-expensive ...

I'm really in dilemma whether to go this year :blink:

hey Chavez,

I also got admit to UCI for MS CS back in feb ... but didn't hear abt any funding :(

Did you get any funding info ? Also, should one go without funding there .... are there any funding opportunities in-campus ...

Got admit from MSE, CMU but that is shit-expensive ...

I'm really in dilemma whether to go this year :blink:

I haven't heard any info about funding yet from UCI and I'm not sure about the funding opportunities on campus. Congrats on your CMU admit. Was that for Pittsburgh or Silicon Valley? Either way, that's ballin!

Wow, you did put something on their table. I havent done any conference nor paper. I submitted my application in Dec and I still havent heard anything. Thanks man, although i'm still worried. I applied to 2 unis, UCI and UCR. My chances are quite slim here.

I applied only to two schools: NYU and Columbia, both in New York. Does anyone have any experience with the masters programs at these schools? How long does it generally take for them to come back with a decision?

I applied only to two schools: NYU and Columbia, both in New York. Does anyone have any experience with the masters programs at these schools? How long does it generally take for them to come back with a decision?

based on historical data, nyu results should start coming out this week. columbia usually would have started responding by now, but it looks like they've extended the MS application deadline. i'm guessing that means we'll be waiting until april

based on historical data, nyu results should start coming out this week. columbia usually would have started responding by now, but it looks like they've extended the MS application deadline. i'm guessing that means we'll be waiting until april

Looks like someone got into the Columbia Masters program today...check the results forum. Maybe they are doing rolling admissions now?

Looks like someone got into the Columbia Masters program today...check the results forum. Maybe they are doing rolling admissions now?

i got the acceptance email today as well. applied way back in november. i guess they *are* doing rolling

i got the acceptance email today as well. applied way back in november. i guess they *are* doing rolling

It looks like all the acceptances are going out now then, I think...and the rest of us will be getting rejections at a much later date. Oh well.

It looks like all the acceptances are going out now then, I think...and the rest of us will be getting rejections at a much later date. Oh well.

i think theres still hope.. if the application deadline has been extended to the end of this month, there must still be some space left. good luck!

i think theres still hope.. if the application deadline has been extended to the end of this month, there must still be some space left. good luck!

@Pepsi: Congrats on your Columbia admit! That school is def on my radar. Site still says "pending." Hoping to hear back soon!

Is anyone else still waiting for UMCP MS CS? My status on testudo says 'Pending decision'.

And is Purdue done with giving out all the MS CS admits? Saw 3/4 admits early in this week. I guess they would mass reject the remaining candidates now?