It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

I'm so scared now that Indiana is sending things out. I wonder if they've gotten to European history yet. I know I'm going to get rejected really hard, but still.

I think someone has scored a Harvard history offer

That is me. I received an e-mail from my POI tonight! I am incredibly excited; I've spent the past hour jumping up and down around my apartment, punctuated only with staring at the e-mail. Just so excited.

I am also the one who listed the Penn invite. I received an e-mail today from the graduate coordinator with the information. The e-mail stressed no admission decisions have been made yet. I am looking forward to visiting and meeting with them.

Good luck everyone. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. I am ecstatic to go talk to my professors tomorrow.

That is me. I received an e-mail from my POI tonight! I am incredibly excited; I've spent the past hour jumping up and down around my apartment, punctuated only with staring at the e-mail. Just so excited.

I am also the one who listed the Penn invite. I received an e-mail today from the graduate coordinator with the information. The e-mail stressed no admission decisions have been made yet. I am looking forward to visiting and meeting with them.

Good luck everyone. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. I am ecstatic to go talk to my professors tomorrow.

Congratulations!! Do you have further news on Harvard's admission? I'm really really anxious now.

Congrats!!

Congratulations!! Do you have further news on Harvard's admission? I'm really really anxious now.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't. I received a personal e-mail from the POI I wrote about in my application. I haven't received anything from Harvard officially yet. For what its worth, I am interested in 19th and 20th century U.S. history, with an emphasis on African American women's history.

I know the wait is a killer, but keep the faith; lots more admits to come. Let me know if there is any thing else I can help with, even though I don't have a ton of information.

When I applied a couple years ago, Harvard sent out both acceptances and rejections via snail mail. I think all the admits I talked to heard via email, but were at the mercy of the speed of their respective advisors.

That's surprising news about Penn. They did not do "interviews" when I applied. Maybe those who got invites are in but they can't "officially" say so yet? Probably best not to assume though!

When I applied a couple years ago, Harvard sent out both acceptances and rejections via snail mail. I think all the admits I talked to heard via email, but were at the mercy of the speed of their respective advisors.

That's surprising news about Penn. They did not do "interviews" when I applied. Maybe those who got invites are in but they can't "officially" say so yet? Probably best not to assume though!

Thanks for your information. This sounds interesting. Both of my potential advisors are on leave. I guess if by any chance (and any stretch of imagination) good news might arrive, it may not be soon.

And also thank you Rustin, it's soo nice of you.

Re UPenn: I do European history. No idea whether this invite went to Americanists as well.

I'm an Americanists and got a UPenn invite yesterday.

I also got an email from my potential supervisor at Harvard saying I had been accepted.

So happy and relieved to be done with applications. Good luck everyone!

I also got an email from my potential supervisor at Harvard saying I had been accepted.

Congratulations! This sounds totally awesome!

Many congrats! Can I ask what period of America you work on?

Many congrats! Can I ask what period of America you work on?

Thanks so much. Still feeling a bit surreal.

I do second half of the "long nineteenth century" - so Reconstruction through the Progressives, 1860s-1920s, basically. I try to bridge the historiography of the 19th and 20th century, but if you insist on pigeon holing, I'd get put in the 19th century.

Thanks so much. Still feeling a bit surreal.

I do second half of the "long nineteenth century" - so Reconstruction through the Progressives, 1860s-1920s, basically. I try to bridge the historiography of the 19th and 20th century, but if you insist on pigeon holing, I'd get put in the 19th century.

That's roughly my era as well. Sounds like you are going to have an enjoyable choice of schools.;)

Congratulations Rustin and rbatzell!

Edited by qbtacoma

Congrats rbatzell and Rustin!

Rustin, do you mind me asking what's your field of study?

19th & 20th century United States, with an emphasis on 20th century African American women's history and the welfare rights movement.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

wimper, wimper....I hate this agonizing wait....

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Feel a bit better know.

I fully understand it. I am suffocating by the lacking of news..

I'm also waiting to hear back from the State Dept. about CLS too.

I think hearing back from one place, regardless of outcome, will make things easier in my messed-up head. At least I will know something.

On 2/8/2011 at 2:34 PM, sankd said:

I think hearing back from one place, regardless of outcome, will make things easier in my messed-up head. At least I will know something.

I thought this, and then I was wait-listed at UIUC. One day I'll have a definitive answer from somewhere.

Had to leave the Classics forum b/c I was rejected by UF, so I guess I'll come play over here for a few weeks. :) Am I the only person on GC to EVER apply to USF history? There aren't any results for the history program, ever.

Had to leave the Classics forum b/c I was rejected by UF, so I guess I'll come play over here for a few weeks. :) Am I the only person on GC to EVER apply to USF history? There aren't any results for the history program, ever.

A lot of places that only offer a terminal Masters are not on the results page.