University of Washington application status

apieceofroastbeef

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know about the accuracy of the University of Washington's application site? The deadline for my program was Jan. 2nd and it still says that UW hasn't received any of my materials. I did get a confirmation email when I submitted the application and it said that UW might take a while to update the site but I'm worried. Has anyone heard anything about their process? I would call (and probably will call eventually) but just wondering if someone already knows, because if they're too busy to update application profiles they are probably not going to be happy about numerous phone calls about said profiles.

It could take a while for them to update it. For some of my materials, it took several weeks for my department to input what I'd sent them. I called to double check that my application was complete, so you should prob just do the same to be safe

It could take a while for them to update it. For some of my materials, it took several weeks for my department to input what I'd sent them. I called to double check that my application was complete, so you should prob just do the same to be safe

I'll echo this. I'm also applying for the English program at UW (all my materials are "missing" yet as well), and since the application was due January 2nd (a Sunday), I doubt they've had the chance to process all of them yet. On the application status page, it says to give 2-3 weeks for the department to update the status. Plus, the department gets 400-500 applications per season, which I imagine takes quite some time to process.

Edited by maximalist

I applied to the English program @ UW, too, though you wouldn't know that from looking at my status page. Or not yet, at least.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know about the accuracy of the University of Washington's application site? The deadline for my program was Jan. 2nd and it still says that UW hasn't received any of my materials. I did get a confirmation email when I submitted the application and it said that UW might take a while to update the site but I'm worried. Has anyone heard anything about their process? I would call (and probably will call eventually) but just wondering if someone already knows, because if they're too busy to update application profiles they are probably not going to be happy about numerous phone calls about said profiles.

I applied to the English program @ UW, too, though you wouldn't know that from looking at my status page. Or not yet, at least.

I applied to the English program too. I think I submitted my app and all the materials around Dec 15th and the site is still not updated. I think they must be behind, because I have post office confirmation that they recieved my materials. Even though it has been an entire month, I think they just take forever to update the site. At least I hope that's what it is!

CALL OR EMAIL IMMEDIATELY! I thought the same thing, since it says it may take 2-4 weeks to enter everything. In my case the only thing missing was my GRE scores, which I had confirmed had been sent to the correct code. Didn't want to harass them so didn't do anything until today (6 weeks after deadline). I emailed about it and got a short response that said:

"Thank you for your interest in our program. I don’t show we have received your scores. We were unable to include your application in the pool as it was not complete. "

This was my top choice program and I know they receive less than a hundred applications a cycle. Could they really not have trusted my self-reported scored or emailed/called me when they started reviewing applications? I am furious and hopefully, since I'm pretty sure it's their mistake that they don't have my scores, they'll give me a late review or something....

So not to scare you, but you should really check with the department ASAP. You're deadline was more recent so hopefully they won't have started reviewing yet.

Best of Luck!!!

CALL OR EMAIL IMMEDIATELY! I thought the same thing, since it says it may take 2-4 weeks to enter everything. In my case the only thing missing was my GRE scores, which I had confirmed had been sent to the correct code. Didn't want to harass them so didn't do anything until today (6 weeks after deadline). I emailed about it and got a short response that said:

"Thank you for your interest in our program. I don’t show we have received your scores. We were unable to include your application in the pool as it was not complete. "

This was my top choice program and I know they receive less than a hundred applications a cycle. Could they really not have trusted my self-reported scored or emailed/called me when they started reviewing applications? I am furious and hopefully, since I'm pretty sure it's their mistake that they don't have my scores, they'll give me a late review or something....

So not to scare you, but you should really check with the department ASAP. You're deadline was more recent so hopefully they won't have started reviewing yet.

Best of Luck!!!

Huh, I got an email from the grad secretary, telling me they were missing my GRE scores & asking that I send them as soon as possible. It didn't seem like a big deal. I'm sorry your experience was so contrary!

Best of Luck!!!

Wow-- that is horrible! I bet they took your application fee anyways too.

Best of Luck!!!

Wow, that's terrible!

I will say that I just checked my status again out of paranoia, and my GRE scores are marked as received on 11/10. The only stuff missing in the status updates are the official transcripts, SOP, and writing sample (LORs aren't tracked, apparently), which are only the materials that the English department wanted in hard copy.

Edited by maximalist

For anyone watching this thread:

I heard back from the program coordinator and she said that my file is complete and everything has been received, despite the fact that my profile hasn't been updated. She also said that decisions will come out in March for most applicants.

That seems like a long ways away!