SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Out of curiosity, how much is it? lol I didn't apply because I knew it was pricy but I didnt know the actual dollar figure.

Tuition per credit/point is $1,178 and you need 74 credit points if you are not an SLP background (aka me) and at least 50.... so that's like $87,000 for someone with no background, yikes!!

Damnnnnn!!! That's not even factoring in books and cost of living (assuming you don't live in the city already)... I would've commuted if I applied there and seriously considered going. Will you be going there?

Tuition per credit/point is $1,178 and you need 74 credit points if you are not an SLP background (aka me) and at least 50.... so that's like $87,000 for someone with no background, yikes!!

Damnnnnn!!! That's not even factoring in books and cost of living (assuming you don't live in the city already)... I would've commuted if I applied there and seriously considered going. Will you be going there?

Yeah it's pretty crazy, I am pretty sure I am not going to go there though... especially since I haven't heard anything about scholarships. I was really interested in the program because of the bilingual emphasis program which I would be going into if I went there but after more consideration of big picture (tuition, location, cost of living ect) I have decided that it isn't the best option for me. I am going to be deciding between MGH and BU and couldn't be happier! I'm going to go visit them during the open house April 2nd but right now I am leaning slightly towards MGH. Do you have any idea where you want to end up?

That's what it's looking like. Thanks!

Is anyone else in the same boat and has not heard from Columbia yet? :/

Nope. Havent heard a wod from them....not that i can afford them..but would sure feel good to be able to reject them :)

Nope. Havent heard a wod from them....not that i can afford them..but would sure feel good to be able to reject them :)

Hahahha, that is great and actually word for word what I told my friend this morning!

Has anyone else NOT heard from Emerson yet? I'm assuming I've been waitlisted, but would like to know either way. Do you think it's safe to call and inquire at this point?

I haven't heard from Emerson either. I'm pretty sure I am going to go to Rush, but I would like to know anyway!

Hey everyone! I hope you're all getting the good news you've been waiting for!

I'm curious, how much do you think is too much to pay for a SLP masters? Even the programs in my home state (yay resident tuition!) are going to run 30-50k when you factor in living expenses. I'm nervous at the possibility of taking out that many loans - what's your opinion?

I think this really depends on the applicant. Some people are open to paying more, others are not. There is no standard "too much" for schooling.

I haven't heard from Emerson either. I'm pretty sure I am going to go to Rush, but I would like to know anyway!

I called them yesterday and they said my application is till under review. I guess they're still trying to get through all of them.

boo- wait listed at Gallaudet

Maddie,

I just got my letter from Gallaudet stating that I am also waitlisted. So, I emailed the contact number on the letter, Robin Goshen I think? I asked her where I was on the wait list. The waitlist IS ranked and she told me that I was in the top 15! You should go ahead and do that. Let me know if you need her email addres! Goodluck

WHERE ARE YOU TEXAS STATE!! (and Arizona) BLAARRGHHH!! :angry:

ok, now im feeilng much better.

I got my acceptance via postal mail for Arizona this week. It was postmarked the 15th (and I live in Arizona) so look for it in the mail!

"I regret to inform you...." Why even read the rest?!?! Just got my letter of rejection from University of Houston. Oh well! I'm still waiting on 3 other schools--Texas State, OLLU, and UTPA. But they're a comin' sometime next week. Crossing my fingers

Has anyone heard from Bloomsburg or know why they are taking so long? The wait has been agonizing.

On a diff note, has anyone decided on emerson yet? Would love to talk to someone about it! I am about 90% sure I am going there, kinda just really want to hear from bloom first before I confirm.

Has anyone heard from Bloomsburg or know why they are taking so long? The wait has been agonizing.

On a diff note, has anyone decided on emerson yet? Would love to talk to someone about it! I am about 90% sure I am going there, kinda just really want to hear from bloom first before I confirm.

I still haven't gotten anything from emerson...UGH

I was accepted into all of the schools I applied (all on Long Island - I don't want to relocate :) ), C.W. Post, Hofstra and Adelphi. I am leaning towards Adelphi, but I'm still not sure. Actually, if anyone out there can help me, I'd appreciate it. The SLP's I work for tell me Adelphi is the *best* choice but one of them is the former clinic director so she may be partial, hehe. ;)

Yeah it's pretty crazy, I am pretty sure I am not going to go there though... especially since I haven't heard anything about scholarships. I was really interested in the program because of the bilingual emphasis program which I would be going into if I went there but after more consideration of big picture (tuition, location, cost of living ect) I have decided that it isn't the best option for me. I am going to be deciding between MGH and BU and couldn't be happier! I'm going to go visit them during the open house April 2nd but right now I am leaning slightly towards MGH. Do you have any idea where you want to end up?

Has anyone else out there applied to the University of New Hampshire? A handful of people have posted acceptances, but no one has posted stats. I'd love to hear the stats of someone who was accepted. I'm still w--a--i--t--i--n--g to hear. By the end of this process I think I will have pulled out all of my hair and chewed off all of my fingernails!

Edited by Carrie47

Maddie,

I just got my letter from Gallaudet stating that I am also waitlisted. So, I emailed the contact number on the letter, Robin Goshen I think? I asked her where I was on the wait list. The waitlist IS ranked and she told me that I was in the top 15! You should go ahead and do that. Let me know if you need her email addres! Goodluck

Thanks Stephpop - I sent an email yesterday but I'm guessing Ms. Gossen is out of the office, so hopefully I'll hear back on Monday. ah! Congrats to you that you're on top 15 for the WL. Hopefully something changes for us both! wink.gif until then, I hope Loyola sends out their decisions soon.

Has anyone else out there applied to the University of New Hampshire? A handful of people have posted acceptances, but no one has posted stats. I'd love to hear the stats of someone who was accepted. I'm still w--a--i--t--i--n--g to hear. By the end of this process I think I will have pulled out all of my hair and chewed off all of my fingernails!

I was accepted to UNH back in mid February. 4.0 gpa. GRE Q/V/AW: 630/650/4.5 I applied to the 3 year program b/c I am out-of-field