SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

AudioEnvy, did you apply to the PhD program? The deadline for the MS program for fall at UT-Dallas isn't even until March 1st. Congrats!

Theasaurus, that is a looooong time. I hope they let people know sooner than that, this year!

No, I applied for the master's...I was shocked, I didn't expect to hear back so soon!! I checked the results page on here afterwards, and I noticed that someone else reported a few days ago that they were notified through email...so maybe they do rolling admissions?? I definitely wasn't aware of that, though.

No, I applied for the master's...I was shocked, I didn't expect to hear back so soon!! I checked the results page on here afterwards, and I noticed that someone else reported a few days ago that they were notified through email...so maybe they do rolling admissions?? I definitely wasn't aware of that, though.

Audioenvy - CONGRATS! when did you apply? Also, on your utd galaxy, did they ever say that they received all of your material? My still says "incomplete" bc they havent received my final college transcript which cant happen bc i dont graduate till may. Did yours ever change to complete? Congrats again :)

Audioenvy - CONGRATS! when did you apply? Also, on your utd galaxy, did they ever say that they received all of your material? My still says "incomplete" bc they havent received my final college transcript which cant happen bc i dont graduate till may. Did yours ever change to complete? Congrats again :)

Thank you! I don't remember the exact date that I sent my application, but it was a few days before Christmas. I think that you should be fine as long as the only reason that your application is incomplete is because of the final transcript! I just checked my acccount, and it also says that I require that (I'm graduating in May too).

Best of luck to you!!

Anyone get invited/going to the open house at Northwestern?

i didn't even know they were having an open house. hmm.. does getting an invite mean you're one step closer to getting admitted? :wacko:

Edited by trina

i didn't even know they were having an open house yet. hmm.. does getting an invite mean you're one step closer to getting admitted? :wacko:

I just got the invite in today's mail (postal mail), so maybe be on the lookout! It implies that they're inviting a "select group" of applicants, but I have no idea how big that group might be or how important it is to go. I'd be coming from LA, so a short-notice trip to Chicago is going to be pricy... but I don't want to not get in because I don't show up to this. I'll probably go.

I'm going to the Northwestern open house, too! But I'm not sure how to read the invite though...I was assuming that they asked people who were around the area to come and see the program (I'm in southern Chicagoland, so it's a pretty easy drive)--but now I just really don't know what to expect.

Also: the date is about a month from now...which means that we probably won't find out until after, right?

I'm reading the invite a dozen times and overanalyzing this way too much, but I can't help it! Why are they torturing us like this!! :blink:

I received an invite to Northwestern's open house and think I'm attending as well. It coincides with the start of my spring break, so I figured why not! At the very least, it's an excuse for a mini trip to Chicago. (I'm from Michigan, so it's not too inconvenient.)

If this was one of those ploys to make you think they're being more selective than they are, I bought it and am excited!

I have an interview at Miami University of Ohio on Friday February 17th. It is also some sort of orientation or something as we have a full day of events (I have not been accepted yet). Anyone else going? Anyone know what to expect? Thanks!

I did receive an email from the university of south carolina - columbia today. They said, "Decisions should be made around mid-March and at which time notification will be made by letter."

I applied there and I didn't receive an email. I checked my application status and everything is in, but my status says pending. What does your status say?

I have an interview at Miami University of Ohio on Friday February 17th. It is also some sort of orientation or something as we have a full day of events (I have not been accepted yet). Anyone else going? Anyone know what to expect? Thanks!

I'm going :) I'm so curious about how many people they're interviewing.

Has anyone that has applied to GWU been notified of a decision? If so, how were you notified and what were your stats? Thanks!

Yes I applied in mid-December. I was notified via email about two weeks ago that I was waitlisted. 3.5 GPA (Pre-Med) and 162V, 150Q, 4.5 on writing. My understanding is that they don't reject anyone and instead accept or waitlist everyone...? Not sure if that is accurate. It also seems very difficult to get in off the waitlist.

I also received an invite to Northwestern's open house. This is bizarre. I am wondering if everyone received it -- to those still waiting, it was sent to the temporary address listed on my application.

arg, i agree. I think I'd be a lot less hesitant about going if I knew for sure I had made it past some kind of "first cut" or something. Oh well -- I'll just think of it as a good reason to take a vacation to Chicago, and if a grad school acceptance comes of it, even better!

I also received an invite to Northwestern's open house. This is bizarre. I am wondering if everyone received it -- to those still waiting, it was sent to the temporary address listed on my application.

Ahhh, now I'm checking my mail like crazy, even though an invitation miiiight not mean anything. I have to say, if some people get invited to the open house and others don't, it must be a good sign for those who do! Fingers crossed that I get an invite too :)

Ahhh, now I'm checking my mail like crazy, even though an invitation miiiight not mean anything. I have to say, if some people get invited to the open house and others don't, it must be a good sign for those who do! Fingers crossed that I get an invite too :)

good luck! keep us updated

Has anyone that has applied to GWU been notified of a decision? If so, how were you notified and what were your stats? Thanks!

I was notified about 2 weeks ago via e-mail. I applied back in October and was accepted into the re-entry program with an undergrad degree in social work. My GPA is a 3.86, in-major GPA 3.92, GRE scores were V 154, Q 148, W 4.5. I also have 3 semesters of clinical social work experience working in a skilled nursing facility with the population I hope to work with as an SLP. I'm most likely accepting the offer since it was my top choice school. Good luck! Hopefully you hear back soon!

arg, i agree. I think I'd be a lot less hesitant about going if I knew for sure I had made it past some kind of "first cut" or something. Oh well -- I'll just think of it as a good reason to take a vacation to Chicago, and if a grad school acceptance comes of it, even better!

Yeah. Even if everyone did get invited, it's one more chance to make your case to the committee. Better to go and be safe than sorry later.

Has anyone been to an open house at GWU or planning on going? If so, what was it like? Did you get to interact with the faculty?

I went to one this past fall and at least when I went, it was run entirely by the faculty. At the end, they broke everyone down into smaller groups (5 people or so in each) and you got to talk to several faculty members on a more individual basis which I found really great. There were a lot of opportunities other than that to talk to the faculty as well and they seemed really energetic and happy to be there...that was a big part of why I ended up applying there.

There were a couple of posts in the results from University of Maryland-College Park. Anyone else receive admits there already? The supplemental application page says results will be sent via mail but those were reported as being via email, so I'm curious if those were not for the MA program? If they are, info on stats/content of the email would be appreciated!

There were a couple of posts in the results from University of Maryland-College Park. Anyone else receive admits there already? The supplemental application page says results will be sent via mail but those were reported as being via email, so I'm curious if those were not for the MA program? If they are, info on stats/content of the email would be appreciated!

Hi, Allie!

I was accepted from UMD on Monday for a master's in SLP (the three year program). I was really surprised that they sent an email, since they had specifically stated that they wouldn't inform us of decisions via email. Still, I was thrilled to find out good news so early! My stats are GPA 3.95 and GRE 165 (V)/157 (Q)/4.5.

Hi, Allie!

I was accepted from UMD on Monday for a master's in SLP (the three year program). I was really surprised that they sent an email, since they had specifically stated that they wouldn't inform us of decisions via email. Still, I was thrilled to find out good news so early! My stats are GPA 3.95 and GRE 165 (V)/157 (Q)/4.5.

Thanks for your response and congratulations on being accepted!!! I hope that means they're close to sending out answers to the two-year program applicants as well, that's what I'm waiting on!

Your stats are awesome, I'm sure this is just one of many acceptances coming your way :) What field is your undergrad background in?