SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Has anyone heard from LIU?- I know

quite a few people who have already,but I'm still waiting.

I haven't heard from LIU but I sent my app in quite close to the deadline. I do know a couple people that were offered acceptance without even interviewing. Does it make a big difference how close to the deadline apps are sent? Is there a chance they haven't even looked at some apps that were sent in close to the deadline?

I haven't heard from LIU but I sent my app in quite close to the deadline. I do know a couple people that were offered acceptance without even interviewing. Does it make a big difference how close to the deadline apps are sent? Is there a chance they haven't even looked at some apps that were sent in close to the deadline?

I sent mine in about 2 weeks before the deadline I think. To be honest I really don't know if it matters how close it was to the deadline. I do know that more then one perso received decision emails that went straight to their Spam mailbox so I keep checking mine.

I had all 6 of my applications in by November and I haven't heard anything from anyone. In fact, I didn't get e-mails (from some schools) until a month and a half AFTER the application deadlines stating that they'd received all my materials (thanks, guys!).

Anyone else feel like we could be astronauts before we'll get into these SLP programs?

I had all 6 of my applications in by November and I haven't heard anything from anyone. In fact, I didn't get e-mails (from some schools) until a month and a half AFTER the application deadlines stating that they'd received all my materials (thanks, guys!).

Anyone else feel like we could be astronauts before we'll get into these SLP programs?

I feel the exact same way! I submitted the last of my 6 apps on November 1... I'm going crazy. Hoping for a decision or two within the next couple of weeks!

I feel the exact same way,especially because I haven't received any good news yet! Even though the schools that rejected me weren't my top choice, I'm feeling more anxious about hearing from the ones that are :( .

Good morning and happy Monday to all! I am hopeful that we might see more decisions this week. :-)

I know for both Rush and Northwestern, decisions rolled out at the end of this week last year--hopefully we are on a similar schedule. Good luck to all!

Thanks @Casey11 @marie1214. It's so good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten word from a single program! I still get palpitations every time I check the mail, but I have 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies on standby. Let's hope I don't need them!

Also - is anyone finishing up pre-reqs over the summer? Where are you taking them? I may have to pursue an online option and I am hoping to find a program with good distance ed. classes.

I can't believe I found this site last night, I'm so behind- I wish I knew about this months ago! So good to find other people that are freaking out just as much as I am... I'm pretty sure I'm driving my friends and family crazy. Hopefully this is the week to start finding out from schools... I don't think I can wait any longer!!! Good luck everyone

I also sent in my applications in early November and still haven't heard a word from anyone, you're not alone! It's good to know that I'm not either...

Thanks @Casey11 @marie1214. It's so good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten word from a single program! I still get palpitations every time I check the mail, but I have 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies on standby. Let's hope I don't need them!

Also - is anyone finishing up pre-reqs over the summer? Where are you taking them? I may have to pursue an online option and I am hoping to find a program with good distance ed. classes.

For anyone who applied to Florida State, I just received an e-mail stating that decisions (both acceptances and denials) will be sent out on March 9 at 5pm!

hmm strange, I didn't get that email! But I did get the one that they sent awhile ago saying that decisions would be out by March 6, so you would think that everything is okay with my app, but I don't know...

hmm strange, I didn't get that email! But I did get the one that they sent awhile ago saying that decisions would be out by March 6, so you would think that everything is okay with my app, but I don't know...

Hi....I just discovered this site last night, and I am excited to have found a place to talk to others going through this process. I noticed that you have already been accepted to UTD. Do you mind sharing when you turned in your application, how long it took to hear back from them, and whether you've visited there or not? What did you think if you did?

I got the March 6th e-mail a while back also. I'm sure if you received that one, then you're fine!

Hi....I just discovered this site last night, and I am excited to have found a place to talk to others going through this process. I noticed that you have already been accepted to UTD. Do you mind sharing when you turned in your application, how long it took to hear back from them, and whether you've visited there or not? What did you think if you did?

Hey, sure :)

I don't remember the exact date that I sent my application, but it was a few days before Christmas. Then on February 3, I recieved an email from the director of the program telling me that I had been accepted. A little more than a week later, I recieved the offical acceptance letter in the mail. I'm honestly quite confused about the admission process...it seems really random! I heard back so soon, but I know that a lot of people haven't heard anything yet. And if you look at the results board on here, people have been hearing back on random days, sooo I'm guessing that admissions are rolling. I hope that you hear back soon!

Also, I haven't visited yet (I haven't even been to Texas before), but I am actually going for a visit in a few weeks! I'll let you know what I think!

Hey, sure :)

I don't remember the exact date that I sent my application, but it was a few days before Christmas. Then on February 3, I recieved an email from the director of the program telling me that I had been accepted. A little more than a week later, I recieved the offical acceptance letter in the mail. I'm honestly quite confused about the admission process...it seems really random! I heard back so soon, but I know that a lot of people haven't heard anything yet. And if you look at the results board on here, people have been hearing back on random days, sooo I'm guessing that admissions are rolling. I hope that you hear back soon!

Also, I haven't visited yet (I haven't even been to Texas before), but I am actually going for a visit in a few weeks! I'll let you know what I think!

Great! Thanks so much for the info. Do you mind letting me know who you have contacted about setting up a visit? I've been trying for weeks without much luck. It seems a little disorganized. I live in Houston, but my fiance lives in Dallas, so I know the area pretty well. If you want ideas for what to do while you're there let me know!

Great! Thanks so much for the info. Do you mind letting me know who you have contacted about setting up a visit? I've been trying for weeks without much luck. It seems a little disorganized. I live in Houston, but my fiance lives in Dallas, so I know the area pretty well. If you want ideas for what to do while you're there let me know!

Sure, I contacted Robert Stillman, the program head. I found his contact information towards the bottom of this page-

http://bbs.utdallas.edu/comd/

I also emailed him a few times during the application process, and he was always super nice and helpful.

And yeah, that would be great! I am going to be traveling with my mother and we will be there for a few days...definitely looking for some things that we would both be interested in doing.

I'm not since SLP was one of my undergrad majors, but I've heard good things about Utah State University's online pre-req program. They charge the same rate for in-state and out-of-state students, and I've heard it's pretty affordable.

I'm not since SLP was one of my undergrad majors, but I've heard good things about Utah State University's online pre-req program. They charge the same rate for in-state and out-of-state students, and I've heard it's pretty affordable.

I took one class from USU-and really enjoyed it (and it was organized well).

Good morning and happy Monday to all! I am hopeful that we might see more decisions this week. :-)

I know for both Rush and Northwestern, decisions rolled out at the end of this week last year--hopefully we are on a similar schedule. Good luck to all!

AAAHHHH! I hope you're right, and I hope it's good news. On the other hand, though, I just bent over backwards to get people to cover my shifts for the NYU visit day (March 9th) and bought plane tickets. What if I get accepted to Rush (my #1 choice, and much cheaper) after all that, before I even go?

I know, I know, first-world graduate applicant problems...

AAAHHHH! I hope you're right, and I hope it's good news. On the other hand, though, I just bent over backwards to get people to cover my shifts for the NYU visit day (March 9th) and bought plane tickets. What if I get accepted to Rush (my #1 choice, and much cheaper) after all that, before I even go?

I'm feeling you on this one. I'm thinking I'll hear back from one of my top choice programs this week or early next week and am flying across country to the two Maryland schools I got into on March 8th. I'm just telling myself I can't "count my chickens before they hatch" so to speak, and visiting programs will just help us make better decisions in the end :)

I can say from experience that visiting schools really has no downside (other than spending the extra money,) but it really gives you such a good idea of what your life could be like not only at the school but in the area too. When I was applying to undergrad. programs, I traveled all over to see the schools first hand, and I was really surprised to find that places that I never thought I was interested in blew me away when I got there! It's always good to keep an open mind... and the NYU area is amazing, so if anything you'll get a great trip to NY! :)

Exactly, and if I find out I didn't get into Rush, my trip to New York will be a nice consolation prize :)

Also on the bright side, NYU will probably be the only "admitted students" or open house thing I'll need to go to. I've visited Rush, Northwestern, and Longwood, I live five minutes from UGA and have toured their program already, I'm interviewing at Tennessee next week, and the others were safety schools whose purposes have diminished now that I've gotten in somewhere. There's a possibility I'd visit/attend the schools in Louisiana, but that's not too far from me.

I am so glad I found this forum! I applied to 13 grad programs and was wondering if any of you heard from any of them.

Univ of South Florida

Univ of Central Florida

Florida International

Florida State (sent an email today saying decisions will be sent on the 9th)

Univ of Alabama

Univ of South Alabama

Lamar

Temple

Marquette

Illinois State

Georgia State

Old Dominion

Louisiana State