SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

congratulations! that's awesome news! applying again with prereqs completed would have been a hassle. (i had to, but i'm so glad the second time proved lucky for me.) and seriously, i feel so much calmer now with one acceptance. now i won't mind if the other schools take forever, don't get back to me, or reject me. lol. i was ready to jump off a cliff (figuratively) up until this morning -- the stress was totally getting to me.

Congrats on your Purdue acceptance! You definitely deserve it. I'm not expecting good news from them, but it doesn't matter at this point. I agree, one is all you need. I felt the stress just melt off when I saw that email.

Just got accepted to UT Austin!! Oh man being an out-of-state applicant I was not expecting that one. Can't wait to do some more in-depth research into the program. If anyone here as any insight I would love to hear it!

Yay UT!!! Congrats :)

I just logged in and it didn't say anything, except for that my application was complete. Did anyone else see that they were accepted or rejected on the website?

Mine still says complete. There is also another way to check. If you go to the teacher's college page and search for "Next Step" you can log in with the same information as your application. Don't know where they have the acceptances/rejections posted though.

Mine still says complete. There is also another way to check. If you go to the teacher's college page and search for "Next Step" you can log in with the same information as your application. Don't know where they have the acceptances/rejections posted though.

Yeah i checked that too and they both say complete...it makes me anxious that some people have heard already! I wish all the schools could tell all of their applicants at the same time.

Just sent a e-mail to South Carolina notifying them that I will not be attending. I know I technically have until the 19th to decide but my heart's not in it.

I hope that this means someone else who needs good news will get it soon! B)

Edited by WannabeSLP

Just sent a e-mail to South Carolina notifying them that I will not be attending. I know I technically have until the 19th to decide but my heart's not in it.

I hope that this means someone else who needs good news will get it soon! B)

Good for you for doing that so quickly! It's so important to follow your gut and let schools know as soon as possible so the spot can go to someone deserving.

I just received this email:

"This email is to inform you that your University of Oregon application for the Communication Disorders and Sciences continues to be in review.

I expect to mail letters of acceptance and denial by mid-April.

Thank you for your patience and good luck on your review!"

Ohhh the wait is killer!

I recieved this e-mail too. Mid april!??? REALLY? :(

Yeah i checked that too and they both say complete...it makes me anxious that some people have heard already! I wish all the schools could tell all of their applicants at the same time.

Now I am obsessively checking the website. UGH.

Accepted to the medical SLP track at UW! Wow. I'm just floored. This was probably my number one choice, but I havent even let myself think about it knowing how competitive it is. Good luck to everyone else. So glad the waiting is coming to an end.

I was accepted this afternoon to the Northern Arizona grad program! I almost fell over in the store when I got my email! This was my first choice because I won't have to move, risk a long distance relationship or pay out of state tuition! Congrats to everyone else that got acceptances today. What a great afternoon! Time to go celebrate!

Wow, three admissions decisions within an hour! My speech path admissions stars must have aligned. Congrats & good luck to everyone!! :)

Were you the one that heard from MGH via the postal service? Did they call you first? I was under the impression that everyone that was accepted was called already.

Congrats by the way!

Were you the one that heard from MGH via the postal service? Did they call you first? I was under the impression that everyone that was accepted was called already.

Congrats by the way!

Thanks! Yeah it was me. I was sure I had been rejected or waitlisted since I hadn't gotten a phone call, but then the letter came in the mail today. It's possible they tried to call me but couldn't get through, as I have one of the world's most unreliable phones, but I don't know why they wouldn't have left me a message. Are you still waiting to hear from them? I live about an hour away, so I bet the letter didn't take very long to reach me.

Thanks! Yeah it was me. I was sure I had been rejected or waitlisted since I hadn't gotten a phone call, but then the letter came in the mail today. It's possible they tried to call me but couldn't get through, as I have one of the world's most unreliable phones, but I don't know why they wouldn't have left me a message. Are you still waiting to hear from them? I live about an hour away, so I bet the letter didn't take very long to reach me.

Yeah, I applied but haven't heard. I was surprised to see some people got letters today because I thought they were mailing them today. I live in NY so it will probably be a couple more days until I get it. I also applied to TC but haven't heard from them either. Did you submit your application early? I'm trying to figure out the order that they are sending out these notifications.

For TC I submitted my application on Jan 15th, and their deadline was the 1st or the 2nd, right? So not super early. My last name starts with B, if that's any help. Waiting feels awful when you know other people have heard, I hope you get good news from them soon!

Yeah, I applied but haven't heard. I was surprised to see some people got letters today because I thought they were mailing them today. I live in NY so it will probably be a couple more days until I get it. I also applied to TC but haven't heard from them either. Did you submit your application early? I'm trying to figure out the order that they are sending out these notifications.

anyone else not hear anything from Washington!? I'm refreshing my email like crazy and logging in/logging out of my application page.... for those that found out, was it on the supplemental or regular application page under status?

anyone else not hear anything from Washington!? I'm refreshing my email like crazy and logging in/logging out of my application page.... for those that found out, was it on the supplemental or regular application page under status?

It was on the regular application page. Under "action" I clicked "status" and it came up!

It was on the regular application page. Under "action" I clicked "status" and it came up!

Thanks for responding... my page looks exactly the same so I guess the waiting continues! blaaaah anyone else's page still the same?