SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

That stinks! I hope you get accepted soon! Try to stay positive!!

Thank you! I'm looking at it with the "everything happens for a reason approach." Maybe a year off won't be the worst thing, I can gain some sort of experience volunteering or interning.

For TC I submitted my application on Jan 15th, and their deadline was the 1st or the 2nd, right? So not super early. My last name starts with B, if that's any help. Waiting feels awful when you know other people have heard, I hope you get good news from them soon!

I think it was due Jan 15th and I submitted on Jan 1 I believe. Well if your last name is B, maybe it's alphabetical? I'm E so hopefully I'll be soon!

So excited about Washington! Got into the Med-SLP program, but I haven't received any email yet and my supplemental application page hasn't changed, only my main UW Grad School app page. Anyone else the same or has everyone who got in received an email? Also has anyone heard about funding yet?

So excited about Washington! Got into the Med-SLP program, but I haven't received any email yet and my supplemental application page hasn't changed, only my main UW Grad School app page. Anyone else the same or has everyone who got in received an email? Also has anyone heard about funding yet?

Congrats, SLP-Allie! I have a friend who is attending the Med-SLP program at UW and she always has great things to say about it! :)

I was accepted to Core and I haven't received an e-mail yet.

anyone else not hear anything from Washington!? I'm refreshing my email like crazy and logging in/logging out of my application page.... for those that found out, was it on the supplemental or regular application page under status?

About TC and UW, are we thinking no news is bad news? :(

I can't speak for TC but to those who have not heard back from UW check your spam folder in your email. When I was accepted to the post bacc program two years ago (wow that feels like it was longer) I didn't even know I got in until I got a "we really need your decision" email because the original acceptance email either went to spam or was lost in cyber space. If no decision is up and you don't have an email you should contact Dr. Spencer. Last year all of the responses went out at the same time so it is likely a technical glitch.

On a related note...to all those accepted to UW congrats :D it is a wonderful program and the people that run it are fantastic. If you need any tips about living in Seattle or questions about the department please feel free to PM me. I did my postbacc there but (as you can see) did not apply there for my masters (long story but basically I wanted a more clinically based program). But I still love the school, city and department and would be happy to offer people help about where to live, what to expect (especially if you are an out of state-er as I was) etc.

To those wait listed, keep your head up the wait list moved quite a bit last year and continued to move at least through June (the quarter does not start till late Sep).

To those rejected don't take it personally. I know every program says this but they always receive far more qualified applicants than they have room to admit. Dr. Spencer is very careful and thoughtful in her decision making and I know she would love to admit everyone qualified. Plus with a postbacc class of 24 and the undergrads getting in from another school can be really tricky.

I sadly don't expect to hear from any more of my schools until next week but I am happy for everyone who got good news today, hopefully mine will come soon.

Congrats on your acceptance!

Congrats on your acceptance!

Thank you! Sorry you didn't get good news, but you still have lots of great schools to hear from, don't lose hope yet! I think we'll hear from BU and Vandy within the next week :)

Just to get an idea - what kinds of specialty interests do y'all have? I sort of feel torn between literacy/early intervention and neurogenic issues. Closely related, I know!

A little late, but right now I'm most interested in the more medical side - voice disorders and dysphagia, as well as neurogenic com disorders.

Also, congrats to everyone who got good news today! Looks like decisions are starting to pick up...ahhh!

WHY did I apply to the slowest schools?

I would love to hear from just one. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or Friday.

Also, congrats to everyone! All these acceptances are really exciting. For those who are still waiting, hang in there.

Edited by Hopeful SLP

Also in MedSLP - no email....have another friend who got into Core, no email

So ready to have everything back so we can start making decisions!

Thank you! Sorry you didn't get good news, but you still have lots of great schools to hear from, don't lose hope yet! I think we'll hear from BU and Vandy within the next week :)

Did you apply to BU through CSDCAS? I never heard any thing back from them. Were you e-mailed by them with any direction as to how to check your admission status?

Did you apply to BU through CSDCAS? I never heard any thing back from them. Were you e-mailed by them with any direction as to how to check your admission status?

I applied there through CSDCAS and they didn't contact me either. I called them just to make sure they had everything. I'm assuming they didn't send any info out to anyone.

I haven't heard anything from them at all, but in the past they've sent out results in the mail and around this time in March (last year was March 9th). I'm hoping they're on a similar timeline this year! :)

DAHHHH!! My first acceptance! MedSLP at UW :D

I am so shocked and happy, I really applied "just cuz..." Congrats to everyone else who got in!!

Now hopefully they'll give me some funding as well, hehe.

anyone else not hear anything from Washington!? I'm refreshing my email like crazy and logging in/logging out of my application page.... for those that found out, was it on the supplemental or regular application page under status?

My application page doesn't say anything yet either...

Does anyone know of SLP schools that offer an online class in neuroanatomy?

I need to take this class before the fall semester for one of the programs that I got into.

Would reeeeaaaallllly appreciate some direction on this! :D :D :D

Edited by tman23

Yeah, I applied but haven't heard. I was surprised to see some people got letters today because I thought they were mailing them today. I live in NY so it will probably be a couple more days until I get it. I also applied to TC but haven't heard from them either. Did you submit your application early? I'm trying to figure out the order that they are sending out these notifications.

For TC I submitted my application on Jan 15th, and their deadline was the 1st or the 2nd, right? So not super early. My last name starts with B, if that's any help. Waiting feels awful when you know other people have heard, I hope you get good news from them soon!

Don't give up home, slpbk! I was recently freaking out on this forum about not hearing from Indiana after other people had heard almost two weeks earlier, and I ended up getting accepted. I don't think that we mere mortals can understand the logic of admissions offices. My acceptance from TC came this evening (yay!) and I turned my application in at the last minute, and my last name is in the middle of the alphabet. It could be the programs we applied to (mine was Bilingual Option: Initial Cert - Dual Certification), but I am inclined to believe that there is no rhyme or reason to it. Hang in there!

Edited by mammalian