SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Thanks for responding... my page looks exactly the same so I guess the waiting continues! blaaaah anyone else's page still the same?

This is probably the 50th time I've posted something just like this (because apparently I applied to programs that are intent on not letting me know) but my pages are still the same so don't worry! My last name is an F...if that gets us anywhere with the alphabetical hypothesis (I hope so haha). So anxious now that people are hearing back!

I'm absolutely flabbergasted to say it, but I was accepted into UW's MedSLP program! I was 100% convinced I wouldn't be accepted, so this is quite the shock. I still haven't received an email though, almost four hours after I saw my results (on the main application page...supplemental page doesn't say anything).

I really hadn't entertained the possibility of having to make a CHOICE before now, as I was so focused on just getting IN. This is a whole new ballgame!

Continued good luck to all those waiting/facing decisions of their own!

So excited about Washington! Got into the Med-SLP program, but I haven't received any email yet and my supplemental application page hasn't changed, only my main UW Grad School app page. Anyone else the same or has everyone who got in received an email? Also has anyone heard about funding yet?

Yes! congrats future potential classmate! Im in the same boat as you - notification on the grad app page but no email from the department or changes to supplemental app. Hopefully funding notifications will be coming shortly, although UW is one program where I really feel like the price tag is totally worth it.

Yes! congrats future potential classmate! Im in the same boat as you - notification on the grad app page but no email from the department or changes to supplemental app. Hopefully funding notifications will be coming shortly, although UW is one program where I really feel like the price tag is totally worth it.

Agreed, though it'll still be tough to swallow without funding--so expensive! I'm not getting my hopes up since I talked to Dr. Spencer and she basically told me she wishes they had more to offer but they really do lack in the funding to offer Master's students. But I wouldn't discount it either way, it's such a great program! Are you thinking that's where you'll be in the fall or are you still weighing options at this point?

WHY did I apply to the slowest schools?

I would love to hear from just one. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or Friday.

Exactly what I was thinking! Especially since I'll be leaving for spring break on Friday and will be traveling and camping all week, which means no mail and limited email access. I hope we hear soon!

Really excited for everyone though, we are clearly an awesome group of applicants!

Does anyone know of SLP schools that offer an online class in neuroanatomy?

I need to take this class before the fall semester for one of the programs that I got into.

Would reeeeaaaallllly appreciate some direction on this! :D :D :D

Northern Arizona University offers this class online during the summer. Not terribly expensive...

Does anyone know of SLP schools that offer an online class in neuroanatomy?

I need to take this class before the fall semester for one of the programs that I got into.

Would reeeeaaaallllly appreciate some direction on this! :D :D :D

It looks like UCLA extension offers one https://www.uclaextension.edu/r/Course.aspx?reg=Y0713 but it starts in April.

I think University of Wyoming and Longwood University used to offer one but I couldn't find it when I looked. Have you tried looking at your local community college or even your undergrad if you are still there?

anyone else not hear anything from Washington!? I'm refreshing my email like crazy and logging in/logging out of my application page.... for those that found out, was it on the supplemental or regular application page under status?

I also haven't heard anything... my application status still says "submitted".... The waiting is killing me!!

I really hadn't entertained the possibility of having to make a CHOICE before now, as I was so focused on just getting IN. This is a whole new ballgame!

That's EXACTLY how I feel. My whole goal during this process was to HAVE to make a choice between schools i.e. get into more than once place. But now that I have it's confusing and scary. ha

I also haven't heard anything... my application status still says "submitted".... The waiting is killing me!!

I know!! They have done both acceptances and rejections.... so WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! asfsdkfhskajdghel waitlist maybe?

I know!! They have done both acceptances and rejections.... so WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! asfsdkfhskajdghel waitlist maybe?

Yeah, I have no idea!!! Although I know it is too late for the website to be updated I am still checking it. HAHA... Another sleepless night...

Wow! A huge pat on the back to all of our accepted students today, and a hug for those that received a hard word. It is truly incredible to be part of this community at a time like this. I heard nothing today; I applied to both UW and TC and know nothing :( Last name starts with M. Maybe tomorrow has something snazzy up its sleeve...

Agreed, though it'll still be tough to swallow without funding--so expensive! I'm not getting my hopes up since I talked to Dr. Spencer and she basically told me she wishes they had more to offer but they really do lack in the funding to offer Master's students. But I wouldn't discount it either way, it's such a great program! Are you thinking that's where you'll be in the fall or are you still weighing options at this point?

Without quite seeing the big picture yet, yeah, I'd say it's definitely where Im leaning. I did my initial undergrad there, love Seattle, and am really excited about the Medical track. I honestly applied to schools without much initial consideration of cost, and realized after the fact that they're all pretty spendy, so we'll see how all the funding shakes out but I've sort of resigned myself to hopping on the debt train. Figuring it will be money well spent if it means great training in an awesome city with lots of job opportunities.

You've got quite a few options to consider yourself! Any major thoughts on your end?? I think I'm just going to bask in the acceptances through the weekend and then really get down to the serious decision business.

Is anyone else annoyed at Rush University's constant emails to become part of their facebook group and get connected with people? Don't get me wrong, Rush is an amazing university and I'd love to get connected. But this is such a tease. Just tell me whether or not I am in, then I will be enthusiastic about meeting people at Rush.

Got accepted to South Florida, this morning!!!

I about did backflips!! It is perhaps an understatement to say that they were my top out of state pick!!

Congrats and good luck to everybody!!!!

Were you notified via email, on their admissions page, or postal letter? I can't take the suspense anymore! :(

Praying for just one notification today. PLEASE. email, phone call, letter, anythingggg. I'm still waiting on Southern Connecticut, East Stroudsburg, SUNY New Paltz, Umass Amherst, Mercy College, Montclair, and the University of New Hampshire. Does anyone know anything about these schools? (acceptances/rejections?)

Praying for just one notification today. PLEASE. email, phone call, letter, anythingggg. I'm still waiting on Southern Connecticut, East Stroudsburg, SUNY New Paltz, Umass Amherst, Mercy College, Montclair, and the University of New Hampshire. Does anyone know anything about these schools? (acceptances/rejections?)

I just called Mercy. They said a decision hasn't been made regarding my application yet. This is so frustrating!

I have an interview with Mercy in two hours. I was notified two Sundays ago. I got something in the mail from Montclair saying that my file is under review and I may be contacted with a decision. Really? You MAY tell me yes or no?! Jerks! I k ow someone who got a rejection letter from Montclair without receiving the letter I did. Not

Sure what to think of it. I think we have all come to the conclusion there is no method to these schools' madness! Keep your hopes up!

Were you notified via email, on their admissions page, or postal letter? I can't take the suspense anymore! :(

They're sending them out via email. I think they're going out in waves since I heard on Tuesday afternoon, others heard on Wednesday morning, and I know of some people that still haven't heard. Sit tight, I'm sure you'll hear soon!!

I have an interview with Mercy in two hours. I was notified two Sundays ago. I got something in the mail from Montclair saying that my file is under review and I may be contacted with a decision. Really? You MAY tell me yes or no?! Jerks! I k ow someone who got a rejection letter from Montclair without receiving the letter I did. Not Sure what to think of it. I think we have all come to the conclusion there is no method to these schools' madness! Keep your hopes up!

OMG goooood luck! I know a few friends who interviewed there last year and got in. They love Mercy! Did you apply for the early admission, (January 10th I think) or for the regular deadline? I also got the letter from Montclair saying my file was under review and I may be contacted. This is crazy. When I called and asked when official letters should be going out they told me sometime in April.

I just called Mercy. They said a decision hasn't been made regarding my application yet. This is so frustrating!

I had the same when I called Mercy! They told me I'd receive notice if I got an interview sometime in the next few weeks, but when days feel like months, a few weeks sounds like forever!

Is anyone else annoyed at Rush University's constant emails to become part of their facebook group and get connected with people? Don't get me wrong, Rush is an amazing university and I'd love to get connected. But this is such a tease. Just tell me whether or not I am in, then I will be enthusiastic about meeting people at Rush.

yes!! I almost cried when I realized that the 3:23am email from "Rush University" was not a decision. I just need to know!

yes!! I almost cried when I realized that the 3:23am email from "Rush University" was not a decision. I just need to know!

Do you think it will be this week? I'm thinking probably next week...they're kind of late this year right? Or am I just getting extremely impatient??

OMG goooood luck! I know a few friends who interviewed there last year and got in. They love Mercy! Did you apply for the early admission, (January 10th I think) or for the regular deadline? I also got the letter from Montclair saying my file was under review and I may be contacted. This is crazy. When I called and asked when official letters should be going out they told me sometime in April.

I had the same when I called Mercy! They told me I'd receive notice if I got an interview sometime in the next few weeks, but when days feel like months, a few weeks sounds like forever!

I'm sitting outside Starbucks near Mercy right now! I got accepted last night to TC at Colimbia so

That takes a little pressure off of this interview. I have no idea what to expect! I heard they do group interviews?? I apples for regular admission..I think I sent my app in around Feb 1st. I will let you know how it goes and if you get an interview you will know what to expect! And damn you Montclair! They need to get on the ball!