UC Berkeley MFA 2011 - Anyone heard back?

clementine11

From what I've seen at the schools that accept very few people, like UCB, there are a lot more rejections than acceptances in general, so you see that in the results.

Anyway, this board is the best/worst in terms of calming/fueling the anxiety. Wish I could just forget about it...

thanks! looks like people only post rejections. oh well. patience is the only option i suppose. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i haven't heard anything...on tenterhooks. should be soon...

I'm so glad someone else has posted about berkeley! I havent heard anything from them either! Lets keep eachother posted.

I'm so glad someone else has posted about berkeley! I havent heard anything from them either! Lets keep eachother posted.

i believe berkeley does interviews. does anyone know for sure?

How did they contact you? And when?

I got an email from one of the professors on Saturday, scheduled the interview through email, and then talked to her tonight. She told me that they are only interviewing 15 finalists out of over 200 applicants for the 7 spots.

Congratulations on your interview. I hope it went well.

I got an email from one of the professors on Saturday, scheduled the interview through email, and then talked to her tonight. She told me that they are only interviewing 15 finalists out of over 200 applicants for the 7 spots.

Congratulations on your interview. I hope it went well.

Thanks. I think I did alright — no major blunders that I'm aware of.

With a program their size, I think the biggest concern is to find a set of students whose work is unique and varied but still complimentary. Meeting that criteria really depends on who else happened to apply this year.