International Fulbrighters Fall2011

Morning everyone, I have been away for sometime. How is it going for the others that haven't gotten news yet? I hope things turn out good. However, i wanted to find out if anyone has any idea on the accommodation situation, am thinking of getting on campus housing but in a shared apartment as I think if I get a good roommate it will be easier for me to acclimatize to NY.THe question is how expensive is shared apartment compared to single in whitter hall (for those who have been at teachers college, columbia university). I do not know my fulbright specs yet. some idea please

Maybe you should try at the forum in the part city guide ( )or meet and greet, for newbies, there are some interesting stuff about housing.

And yes, this is probably not the perfect video, but take a look, it might be helpful to get the picture :)

Good luck!

Edited by matilda

Maybe you should try at the forum in the part city guide ( )or meet and greet, for newbies, there are some interesting stuff about housing.

And yes, this is probably not the perfect video, but take a look, it might be helpful to get the picture :)

Good luck!

Thank you very much! how is it going with you? I hope things are positive?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck!

Thanks! Matildah and congrats, I have just seen your helpful post. Somehow I could not check this website for the past month or so.

Thanks! Matildah and congrats, I have just seen your helpful post. Somehow I could not check this website for the past month or so.

Thank dear! And we are not that far away, Baltimore is just a step away from NYC:)

Is anyone still waiting? Im going to Maine this fall, but first to Miami for orientation :) Anyone going to miami orientation too?

I'll be in Miami for orientation as well :-)

But do you know any specifics about the program? The website they mentioned still has the 2010 program online...

I'm going to Miami from August 15 to August 19

\

Looks like we are going to meet offline :)

I think they will email us the schedule.

Edited by LongGone

I still haven't got that e-mail with orientation details:(

Chill out, it's still 2 months until Miami. I think they will do it in due time, as always... :) And , I also think that the schedule will not be so different from last year's .

This year taught me a lot about patience...

Come on people...I want to go to Miami , too:)

:lol:

Can you please put the letter here, or give me somekinda insight on the schedule or whatever? What can I say, I am a planning freak..

Was originally also offered the Miami Gateway Orientation, but it actually overlapped with my International Orientation Week at Maryland, so they switched me to the Vanderbilt Gateway. That one I unfortunately had to turn down due to my own scheduling conflicts. Hope to see some of you at the Enrichment Seminars though!

@matilda: Miami Gateway (info still from last year), Vanderbilt Gateway (up-to-date); there's quite a few more Orientations, your assignment I believe depends among other factors strongly on the start date and location of your program

Edited by tew

Was originally also offered the Miami Gateway Orientation, but it actually overlapped with my International Orientation Week at Maryland, so they switched me to the Vanderbilt Gateway. That one I unfortunately had to turn down due to my own scheduling conflicts. Hope to see some of you at the Enrichment Seminars though!

@matilda: Miami Gateway (info still from last year), Vanderbilt Gateway (up-to-date); there's quite a few more Orientations, your assignment I believe depends among other factors strongly on the start date and location of your program

Thank you so much. You are in MD, also for the next academic year?

How did you find out about the link of the Vanderbilt Gateway? IIE asked me to sign an acceptance form if I want to attend this gateway. I did and haven't heard anything from them since.

Anyway, is there anyone else going to the gateway in Vanderbilt?

I'm not going to Vanderbilt, but I'm in the same situation: I signed and haven't heard from them since.

What makes me even more nervous: I haven't heard from my school since I accepted the offer...

Same here. I even didn't get the orientation paper yet :)

I talked to my advisor couple of days ago, and he said he will contact me by the end of the week...it is Tuesday...Friday was last week...

Thank God I have a job. It keeps me from going insane right now.

who else is in miami for orientation from 8/15 to 8/19?

when do you arrive at the airport?

maybe we could do a meet-up and spend the first evening together (or share a cab to the hotel).

my plane lands on the 15th at 3.30 PM.