University of Colorado- Boulder

history_PhD

Just thought that I would let others know; Boulder did not receive one of my recommendation letters. The grad coordinator contacted me to alert me to this problem. I contacted my professor who resubmitted the letter-- hopefully no more issues.

No, this proves MY point in the other thread. Departments and professors DO follow up if something's missing. I think you're having a crisis of faith in the admissions process. I will repeat, have faith in the process. Have faith in the process.

In my instance, it was both. I contacted the school about a week prior to this encounter to see if my materials had arrived. I was told that if anything was missing, they would contact me.

that's not both.

you don't know that just because you contacted them earlier they wouldn't have contacted you now. A follows B but A does not lead to B.

Well, since this is just one case, it doesn't really prove anyone definitively right or wrong.

I think a good rule of thumb is to understand that many programs will let you know if something is missing from your application. However, not all of them do. So if there's any legitimate reason for you to think there's a possibility that something hasn't arrived, make sure you do all you can to check into it.

Well, since this is just one case, it doesn't really prove anyone definitively right or wrong.

I think a good rule of thumb is to understand that many programs will let you know if something is missing from your application. However, not all of them do. So if there's any legitimate reason for you to think there's a possibility that something hasn't arrived, make sure you do all you can to check into it.

This isn't just one case. I'm also talking about the other thread ("It Has Begun") as well of people reporting that departments called/e-mailed them.

I was likewise surprised at the hostility/ controversy. This was a specific school in a specific department; this experience should not necessarily be applied to any or all other schools. Boulder's website also notes that applicants will be alerted if they are missing application materials. Regardless, I'm happy that they let me know and that my professor and I were able to resolve the situation. smile.gif