2024 Application Thread

dr. t

1 hour ago, baldwinhouse22 said:

Only complaining here because the topic is meant for it—NYU’s radio silence puzzles me. I’m not concerned as I’ve gotten acceptances from two Ivies and a couple of other programs, but an applicant at my university has gotten a response. Still nothing for me. What’s taking so long, NYU?

I don't know what your subfield is but for Latin American History: I had an interview late January and found out about my status at the end of Jan. I think that subfield already sent out their acceptances and waitlists. Not sure about the rest, though. 

5 hours ago, ndoco2024 said:

I don't know what your subfield is but for Latin American History: I had an interview late January and found out about my status at the end of Jan. I think that subfield already sent out their acceptances and waitlists. Not sure about the rest, though. 

I applied to the Latin American & the Caribbean field. I saw someone post here that they send out decisions as soon as they're decided, so I don't know whether to assume they send them out in groups.

does anyone know when oxford usually gets back to dphils about funding? i’m a current masters student at oxford and didn’t hear back on funding until after i had accepted the offer. but I have an offer in the US with funding that I need to make a decision on kind of soon! so I was wondering if it’s maybe different for dphils? 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:28 AM, beee said:

does anyone know when oxford usually gets back to dphils about funding? i’m a current masters student at oxford and didn’t hear back on funding until after i had accepted the offer. but I have an offer in the US with funding that I need to make a decision on kind of soon! so I was wondering if it’s maybe different for dphils? 

Hi! I'm sorry I don't have the answer about the Phil funding, but I just got the Oxford MPhil offer and was curious when you heard about funding in the past? Any info would really help, thank you!:)

24 minutes ago, yayhistory said:

Hi! I'm sorry I don't have the answer about the Phil funding, but I just got the Oxford MPhil offer and was curious when you heard about funding in the past? Any info would really help, thank you!:)

congrats on your offer! I received funding from my college in late April. i’m not sure if it comes earlier if you’re funded through the university or the history faculty though 

2 minutes ago, beee said:

congrats on your offer! I received funding from my college in late April. i’m not sure if it comes earlier if you’re funded through the university or the history faculty though 

Thank you!! I really appreciate having some kind of timeline:)

Hello everybody! I'm still waiting to have Purdue's feedback. I saw two people that have been on the waitlist for a few days now... At this point I don't expect an acceptance but, has anyone received a rejection from them so far? April is approaching and this wait is very annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • dr. t unpinned and locked this topic