GRE related insanity

Mike271828

Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Combinatorial Design, Enumeration, Algebraic Coding Theory, Cryptography, (insert 5000 level math class here)

And what I hear from you is, "I'm a troll"

I'm a troll? For not sympathizing with you, and giving you a pat in the back? If you can't take criticism, then you really shouldn't post on an internet forum where anyone can respond.

Yes, I get the point about your "5000 level" math class. I thought you were talking about a GRE prep program. (What you want to hear/read:) You'll most likely get a 800 on the Quant since you're taking such high level math. (What some MAY tell you:) The quant only tests high-school level math, and developing a "skill" to solve problems in 30 seconds, so your "5000 level math class" won't mean much.

Edited by cherubie

What's worse, I can't take comfort in my bachelor's degree since you basically can't do anything with a bachelor's in Math; so theoretically, all the hard work and hours of study I've put in could all be for naught just from the results of a single examination.

As many of things have already been addressed with your post already, I'd like to point out this statement in particular. A bachelors in math is one of the, if not the most valuable bachelors degrees a person can obtain. Math is super useful and lots of companies want to hire math majors and pay them well. I don't know if you have received bad information or if your stress is making you become somewhat short sighted.

This is a little late, I see that you posted originally about ten days ago.

All therapists, and all therapies, as others have pointed out, are not equal. I'd definitely suggest you at least have yourself evaluated for your test anxiety.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that you're a smart person; but I suspect you have some self-esteem issues; and I think it's a reasonable guess that your test anxiety is actually weighing against you, holding you back.

So, my two cents' worth, get a good evaluation from a good mental health professional. Many actors use "beta-blockers" (actually a blood pressure medication) to reduce stage fright ... who knows, that could help you realize your (high, in my view) potential!

Good luck.