Thanks everyone and have you heard from these?

Johndg2

To all those who have replied to my topics, thank you for responding and thank you for the encouragement. I'm realizing that it is a bit to early to get interview invites for 80% of my program. Although, I have seen 2 interview invites (UMass-Amherst: Cell and Molecular and U of Colorado-Denver: Molecular Biology). The one post at UC-Denver seems premature given that I spoke with the program and coordinator who says that reviews are not completed. I also spoke with the department head there, nice fellow, who said the only get 25 applications, invite 10 people, and accept 7-8. The chances seem good at that program, but I suspect that they are getting more than 25 applications.

So.. has anyone heard from the programs listed below. One current student (Thank You) at the University of Utah (neuroscience) says that the Molecular Biology program starts reviewing applications in mid-Febuary; they get 400 applications and admit "alot" of students. I am very eager, as all of us, to hear something back. I've listed the programs below with the application due dates. If you have any information, we would all like to hear. Good luck with your application!

1. University of Massachusetts- Amherst: Molecular and Cellular Biology- 12/15/10

2. Georgia State University: Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry- 12/10/10

3. University of Utah: Molecular Biology- 12/15/10

4. University of Cincinnati: Molecular and Developmental Biology- 1/1/11

5. University of Colorado-Denver: Molecular Biology- 1/1/11

6. University of Rochester: Biology- 1/1/11

7. Boston University: Cell and Molecular Biology- 1/1/11

8. Indiana University: Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology- 1/5/11

9. Colorado State University: Plant Molecular Biology- 1/15/11

10. Purdue University: Biological Sciences- 1/31/11

have you tried the website:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/graduate-school/995669-2011-official-biosciences-interviews-results-72.html

They have a lot of life science applicants and updates, even a section specifically for international students.

This link will take you to the discussion board you will have to scroll through the pages to get a better look but maybe this will help.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard from U Mass Amherst, I've got an interview at the end of Feb. Their email said they do their interviews the weekend of their departmental retreat, but it didn't seem like you necessarily needed an interview to be accepted. Sorry I don't have more info!

G'luck

Just curious, I still haven't heard anything from Albert Einstein and my status on the web is still "Under Review", should I assume anything? People have already posted acceptances but others have posted rejections too. I applied on the dealine but someone else on here did as well and got a request for an interview like a month ago. Just tired of the waiting game.

Here's the last thing I received from URochester when I inquired about the schedule of admissions:

"Your graduate application is complete. Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Affairs/Admissions Committee in February/March. You will be notified by email. You will not hear from us until a final decision has been made.

Thank you for your interest in the Department of Biology at the University of Rochester."

To kroms, it seems like these top tier programs have already made invites and even admit decisions. I dunno, hopefully you applied to alot more programs. Yes, this process of waiting is fustrating. It seems to me that 90% of all applicants, to all programs, are qualified and can get the job done; it's more a matter of fit, luck and connections. I got an interview at Georgia State but I'm declining it becuase I have already been accepted to a program I didn't list up there. See my other post, I was directly admiited to a lab, and I'm at that university ALREADY; the PI is paying me the stipend until I start proper in May. I'm so glad I made this decision so quickly because I can already tell that it's going to be good. Best of luck!

Here's the last thing I received from URochester when I inquired about the schedule of admissions:

"Your graduate application is complete. Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Affairs/Admissions Committee in February/March. You will be notified by email. You will not hear from us until a final decision has been made.

Thank you for your interest in the Department of Biology at the University of Rochester."

I interviewed with Rochester 2/4-6. That's when all of the biological programs had their interviews. The secretary of the program that I applied to told me that some of the bigger programs have one additional interview weekend in march.