Required clinical experience for clinical psyc PsyD program acceptance

pearlogic99

Question

Hi everyone, 

I am hoping to apply to university-based PsyD clinical psychology programs this admissions cycle but am doubting whether I have a significant chance of getting in anywhere due to lack of substantial clinical experience. I've volunteered as a peer counselor at my university for a year (and am continuing to do so this upcoming academic year) and began volunteering as a crisis counselor with Crisis Text Line a month or two ago. I know that I don't have the best clinical experience but also believe that my high GPA (psychology major, minor in neuroscience), decent letters of reference (two research-based, one clinical/volunteer-based), and identification as a male ('minority' applicant) will serve me well. Please let me know your thoughts as they may influence where I end up applying and whether I end up applying this admissions cycle at all. Thanks so much for your help! 

1 answer to this question