MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

whew! Based on last year, we've still got a few weeks to wait for RISD.

I really hope to hear from CCA this week. I still can't log into their web advisor.. (I wasn't able to find an email with my sign-in name or password, boo.) --So please let me know when you hear! Also, I know i asked before, but are you in Design for all three of these schools?

I'm dyyyying to hear about VCU... CCA ... and RISD!

Alright, I broke down and called RISD.. they haven't sent out any acceptance/rejection letters for any discipline.

Hello I am new here..

Last year, I received an email from RISD on 2/24 for interview. But this year nothing yet.

They send out letters on 3/ 24.

I'm dyyyying to hear about VCU... CCA ... and RISD!

Alright, I broke down and called RISD.. they haven't sent out any acceptance/rejection letters for any discipline.

Edited by hk19

yep.. graphic design.

whew! Based on last year, we've still got a few weeks to wait for RISD.

I really hope to hear from CCA this week. I still can't log into their web advisor.. (I wasn't able to find an email with my sign-in name or password, boo.) --So please let me know when you hear! Also, I know i asked before, but are you in Design for all three of these schools?

I hope they didn't send anything yet. I think i am over analyzing too.

I called the guy who I scheduled interview with last year and asked if they are doing interview this year!!!! He said I will be contacted if I am one of the finalists.

It is really depressing because I was on their waiting list last year and I expect this year to be better!

Thanks for sharing this. Last year, I got an email from RISD on 2/26 for an interview for painting. This year, nothing yet as well. I wonder if they are delayed this year. I keep trying to compare how and when applicants heard from schools last year to this year. I thought it would be the same, but it seems different. Maybe I'm over-analyzing.

I wouldn't worry just yet. I don't think anyone has posted about hearing from RISD. So either they haven't notified of interviews, or absolutely no one on this board has been invited for one (which would be very surprising)

I called the guy who I scheduled interview with last year and asked if they are doing interview this year!!!! He said I will be contacted if I am one of the finalists.

It is really depressing because I was on their waiting list last year and I expect this year to be better!

On 2/28/2011 at 4:37 PM, tiredofwaiting said:

Hey- I'm new here

Just got a rejection via snail mail from CMU today :( I had a pretty good idea i wouldn't get in but it's still not so fun.

wondering if anyone's heard anything from:

UNC-CH

Washington University in St. Louis

CCNY

University of Oregon

also has anyone else heard from Buffalo?

eek!

i was told that notifications for buffalo would be going out in the next two weeks.

Ditto but at a different school. Womp womp.

I talked to Univ of oregon and the lady told me that profs were in the process of contacting accepted applicants and all other notifications would be sent our by mail this week'

Hey- I'm new here

Just got a rejection via snail mail from CMU today :( I had a pretty good idea i wouldn't get in but it's still not so fun.

UNC-CH

Washington University in St. Louis

CCNY

University of Oregon

eek!

duuude I also applied to ccny. apparently last year people didn't hear from them until the end of march-ish so I wasn't expecting to hear yet. I don't know anything at all about the program there....I was like, o hey! cheap tuition, and NYC location, so I went ahead and applied. I tried contacting them about visiting but they were unresponsive about that. I you have any info then I'd like to hear...assuming that I might get accepted.

sorry about CMU...It hurts to be rejected, I've experienced that 3 times now, and all in the same week.

Hey- I'm new here

UNC-CH

Washington University in St. Louis

CCNY

University of Oregon

eek!

hello everyone who was accepted to Rutgers....I am very very happy for you, but could you all do me a tiny favor? I just checked my application status online, and it says under decision "no decision." Does yours say "accepted?" I am wondering why some people have been accepted already, yet I have not been rejected yet.

Keeping up hope because I love Rutgers.

A few others of us on here have the same status as well, myself included. I emailed them this weekend hoping for an indication of when to expect rejection letters an still no reply. Good luck!

hello everyone who was accepted to Rutgers....I am very very happy for you, but could you all do me a tiny favor? I just checked my application status online, and it says under decision "no decision." Does yours say "accepted?" I am wondering why some people have been accepted already, yet I have not been rejected yet.

Hey- I'm new here

UNC-CH

Washington University in St. Louis

CCNY

University of Oregon

eek!

I believe Chapel Hill has made their first round of acceptances, not sure about a waiting list.

bethanyr, I've got fingers crossed for both of us!! You know, I don't think schools like being contacted about that stuff, and thats why they will just ignore your email when you ask. I was ignored from another school when I asked when we would get decisions. LOL. They probably get so many people asking.

I wonder if our status means they are still deciding about us? and I also wonder if rutgers has interviews. I visited there, so i am an idiot for not asking them about that.

A few others of us on here have the same status as well, myself included. I emailed them this weekend hoping for an indication of when to expect rejection letters an still no reply. Good luck!

Hi, my status changed over the weekend to reflect admittance. I remember reading something in an email they sent last month that they were going to do admissions on a rolling basis, I think that's why I was admitted a week after other people were, they still might be reviewing.

Yayyyyy!!!!! I'm just happy to not be flat out rejected...even if I am rejected in the end, then at the very least they considered me instead of doing it straight up. I guess that counts for something, at least in my head. Plus I still have some hope. Thanks for that info.

I know that Rutgers has around 35 MFA students...and they are all different disciplines rather than a specific number for painting, sculpture, etc.

Hi, my status changed over the weekend to reflect admittance. I remember reading something in an email they sent last month that they were going to do admissions on a rolling basis, I think that's why I was admitted a week after other people were, they still might be reviewing.

Naw, I haven't heard a word from CCNY, but i'll post if i hear anything!

duuude I also applied to ccny. apparently last year people didn't hear from them until the end of march-ish so I wasn't expecting to hear yet. I don't know anything at all about the program there....I was like, o hey! cheap tuition, and NYC location, so I went ahead and applied. I tried contacting them about visiting but they were unresponsive about that. I you have any info then I'd like to hear...assuming that I might get accepted.

sorry about CMU...It hurts to be rejected, I've experienced that 3 times now, and all in the same week.