MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

@bethanyr I am SO SO SO happy for you.... I'm going to check mine now.... you totally deserve it Rutgers is an AWESOME program!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont thing anyone else applied here but I just was accepted into University of Missouri with "tuition remission" and a TA with Stipend..... more details to come

Congrats! It must feel so great to have an acceptance under your belt!!!!

I have a feeling there will be many similar whirlwind days this month for us MFA hopefuls!

OMG! I JUST CHECKED MY RUTGERS STATUS AND I HOPE IT ISN'T WRONG. It finally had something besides "No decision."

itsaysigotin.

One of my last two hopes.

Summary of today: woke up to UCSD rejection, came home to UC Berkeley rejection, checked online for my first acceptance.

Has anyone heard from UIC (Univ of Illinois, Chicago)? I saw that there were rejection emails sent out of Friday (2/25) and i didn't get one - dodged that bullet - but did anyone get an acceptance email/call/letter?

Oh and SAIC is conducting all their interviews this weekend... fyi for those above who were questioning about their acceptance status... good luck!

I suppose it depends on the program, I got an acceptance letter to SAIC's Visual Communication program 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone heard from UIC (Univ of Illinois, Chicago)? I saw that there were rejection emails sent out of Friday (2/25) and i didn't get one - dodged that bullet - but did anyone get an acceptance email/call/letter?

Oh and SAIC is conducting all their interviews this weekend... fyi for those above who were questioning about their acceptance status... good luck!

oh yeah, i might SAIC MFA studio art programs ie Fibers, Painting, Photo, Sculpture, etc.

I suppose it depends on the program, I got an acceptance letter to SAIC's Visual Communication program 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any info. regarding Indiana U's Painting/Drawing funding situation? I've been accepted and was told funding decisions have not been made yet. Any input would be really helpful.

I have a question about his too because in my acceptance letter from Mizzou it said if I intended to enroll for the Fall 2011 I needed to fill out the form and return it by MARCH 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so early, I may not have even heard from a couple schools by then!!!! I mean I haven't even had a chance to visit yet. I thought they couldn't make you decide until APRIL 15th. Should I ask for an extension so that I can really take the time to compare funding and programs?????? Because I dont want to just decline b/c its so early then figure out it would have been my best funding offer...

How long are accepted students generally given to decide?

I have a question about his too because in my acceptance letter from Mizzou it said if I intended to enroll for the Fall 2011 I needed to fill out the form and return it by MARCH 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so early, I may not have even heard from a couple schools by then!!!! I mean I haven't even had a chance to visit yet. I thought they couldn't make you decide until APRIL 15th. Should I ask for an extension so that I can really take the time to compare funding and programs?????? Because I dont want to just decline b/c its so early then figure out it would have been my best funding offer...

Just ask for an extension. If they offered you a decent package, they're obviously pretty interested in you and will most likely grant it. (Although tuition remission and stipend is about as good as it gets.)

Edited by twentyeleven

OMG! I JUST CHECKED MY RUTGERS STATUS AND I HOPE IT ISN'T WRONG. It finally had something besides "No decision."

itsaysigotin.

One of my last two hopes.

Summary of today: woke up to UCSD rejection, came home to UC Berkeley rejection, checked online for my first acceptance.

Congrats! That's super exciting. Just curious–when did you submit your app? Notifications have been so all over the place and I'm wondering if they're rolling admissions. Would have been good to know that in advance, ha. Anyway–congratulations again!

Edited by hullo

no! Don't go back and look at admission requirements NOW!! I am sure you were diligent about checking for necessary requirements when you applied a couple months ago... so don't torture yourself! -on a side note, I did this very same thing last week, with a different school. ha!

I almost just had a heart attack. I was looking on the u. delaware art website, and checked out the admissions procedures/ requirements to see if I could see my status somewhere. I saw something about an ADDITIONAL essay, when I only wrote one....thank god I had been looking at the undergrad admissions, so I'm alright. That was a big scare.

Thanks for your well wishes! I just checked and it says I applied January 10th. However, One of my recommendations did not get her letter to them until February 7th it says, so I am not sure which date would technically count as when I would have a completed application. I still have yet to receive an email, phone call, or letter, so it is all kinda strange. Just "Congratulations! You have been admitted."

Good luck! I really think they are not done yet because of the sporatic acceptances so there is hope.

Congrats! That's super exciting. Just curious–when did you submit your app? Notifications have been so all over the place and I'm wondering if they're rolling admissions. Would have been good to know that in advance, ha. Anyway–congratulations again!

Just got home, received rejection letter from SAIC (as I expected.)

It was dated 2/22, post marked on 3/1. (I live in Chicago)

Anyone else whos still waiting to hear back from SAIC...this letter might be coming your way...

I had an interview with Slade last week.

I heard from someone that only 100 people were invited for the interview out of 2000 applicants,

and they only take 15 people...(not sure this is absolutely true though)

They said if I don't get in, I'll be notified within 3-7 days, if I do get in, they won't contact me for 3 weeks.

I haven't heard from them and it's been 6 days, might be a good news?

I am rooting for you! I love your work.

Anyone else whos still waiting to hear back from SAIC...this letter might be coming your way...

I heard from someone that only 100 people were invited for the interview out of 2000 applicants,

They said if I don't get in, I'll be notified within 3-7 days, if I do get in, they won't contact me for 3 weeks.

Edited by orangetrousers

I also interviewed at Slade on 2/24 - i've heard nothing either. but i'm afraid thursday and friday are the going to be deal breakers!

when was your interview? what program? i interviewed for fine arts media. my intv was in the morning.

Thank you, orangetrousers!

Best of luck to you too!

your rejection from saic came so late! i got that like a month ago....

its weird that slade will not contact their finalists after the interview...i wish ucla is the same....