MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I also interviewed at Slade on 2/24 - i've heard nothing either. but i'm afraid thursday and friday are the going to be deal breakers!

when was your interview? what program? i interviewed for fine arts media. my intv was in the morning.

Mine was for MFA Fine Art, in the later afternoon on 24th. How did your interview go?

If they send out mails instead of emails for rejection, I guess I wouldn't know extra week or so.

Do you live in London/UK?

No, I'm in New York. The rejections will be in email form from Carloline Nicholas.

Mine was for MFA Fine Art, in the later afternoon on 24th. How did your interview go?

If they send out mails instead of emails for rejection, I guess I wouldn't know extra week or so.

Do you live in London/UK?

your rejection from saic came so late! i got that like a month ago....

its weird that slade will not contact their finalists after the interview...i wish ucla is the same....

Yeah I kinda knew I'd be rejected cuz all the people who were invited for the interview were notified long ago.

Slade is part of University College London, so it'll have to go through extra stuff to admit students they said.

No, I'm in New York. The rejections will be in email form from Carloline Nicholas.

Did you also fly in for the interview?

I got to the city 2 hours before the interview, it was such a tight schedule.

It's already thursday over there (well, 2:30am), so I guess if we don't hear from them for like 15 hours, could be a good news...

Yes! My schedule was so crazy too. I hope it was worth it to get over there!

Did you also fly in for the interview?

I got to the city 2 hours before the interview, it was such a tight schedule.

It's already thursday over there (well, 2:30am), so I guess if we don't hear from them for like 15 hours, could be a good news...

Just got home, received rejection letter from SAIC (as I expected.)

It was dated 2/22, post marked on 3/1. (I live in Chicago)

Anyone else whos still waiting to hear back from SAIC...this letter might be coming your way...

I had an interview with Slade last week.

I heard from someone that only 100 people were invited for the interview out of 2000 applicants,

and they only take 15 people...(not sure this is absolutely true though)

They said if I don't get in, I'll be notified within 3-7 days, if I do get in, they won't contact me for 3 weeks.

I haven't heard from them and it's been 6 days, might be a good news?

Did anything change in your Slideroom or on your application page for SAIC (does it say rejected, did it say under review, etc.) thoughout the process? I crack out checking these places multiple times per day but I don't know if they change anything there.

Did anything change in your Slideroom or on your application page for SAIC (does it say rejected, did it say under review, etc.) thoughout the process? I crack out checking these places multiple times per day but I don't know if they change anything there.

nah, i was checking to see if there was any change when people started talking about how their Slideroom status changed...but nothing for me.

It still says the same thing as it was before.

you would have received a letter and multiple emails if you made it to the interviews.

you would have received a letter and multiple emails if you made it to the interviews.

I didn't realize interviews were mandatory for acceptance. On SAIC's website it says that a person may be called for an interview. I guess if in practice they do interview anyone that may be accepted, then I am out of the running. Bummer.

I didn't realize interviews were mandatory for acceptance. On SAIC's website it says that a person may be called for an interview. I guess if in practice they do interview anyone that may be accepted, then I am out of the running. Bummer.

Well actually I just noticed that you applied to historic preservation, I have no idea if they interview in that dept. I was just alluding to the standard art school departments (painting, sculpture, print, photo, etc.)

True that, in fact the Visual Communication Department didn't do any interviews before accepting people

Well actually I just noticed that you applied to historic preservation, I have no idea if they interview in that dept. I was just alluding to the standard art school departments (painting, sculpture, print, photo, etc.)

So I still have heard nothing from CalArts. Is this a bad thing? I know several people have said they have already been interviewed, while others have already received their rejection letters. I applied to the MFA Art program. If I have been rejected, I wish they would just go ahead and send me the letter so I can move on. I also have not heard anything from USC either, but I don't think anyone has. And in my slideroom for both schools it just says "Submitted." Nothing about "MFA SECOND ROUND" like some people have been claiming theirs says. I've checked everywhere in slideroom and I don't know where you guys are seeing that at.

I heard back from CalArts (Rejection) via snail mail.

But if you haven't heard anything either way, is probably good! Not every school interviews for every major.

You could always call and ask, it doesn't hurt.

So I still have heard nothing from CalArts. Is this a bad thing? I know several people have said they have already been interviewed, while others have already received their rejection letters. I applied to the MFA Art program. If I have been rejected, I wish they would just go ahead and send me the letter so I can move on. I also have not heard anything from USC either, but I don't think anyone has. And in my slideroom for both schools it just says "Submitted." Nothing about "MFA SECOND ROUND" like some people have been claiming theirs says. I've checked everywhere in slideroom and I don't know where you guys are seeing that at.

Have other people noticed a USC Slideroom change from MFA SECOND ROUND?

Ya, if you read back in the thread, about 2 weeks ago a lot of people noticed that.

I just checked back there and it got changed back to just "MFA Fine Arts (2011)"

Edited by racuerex

If you haven't heard from VCU (Paintin/ Printmaking) by now for an interview, you're not admitted--that's per their grad pgm director: I emailed earlier this week to ask, and she let me know, very kindly, that they've finished interviewing.

Anyone hear from VCU or U of Washington in Seattle?