MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got into Penn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm so so so so pumped !!!! I love that school and the professors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also I saw L333 got in too!!! I'll see you there in April!!!!

weeeeehaw!! yes, see you there!! did they tell you how many people they admitted? i realized that i actually don't know the exact size of the program--do you know? i got the sense from visiting that it's pretty small, but i can't find the # on the website...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got into Penn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm so so so so pumped !!!! I love that school and the professors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also I saw L333 got in too!!! I'll see you there in April!!!!

email from RISD Painting for interview.

People, last year I applied to 8 schools and got flat rejected - no interview from all of them.

I applied to 8 schools again this year. Seven "no's" until today. I had totally given up.

LIFE: SHE'S A CRAZY BITCH, THAT ONE!!!!

::big stupid grin/happy dancing::

Congrats and good luck!!!

People, last year I applied to 8 schools and got flat rejected - no interview from all of them.

I applied to 8 schools again this year. Seven "no's" until today. I had totally given up.

GOOD LUCK! Exciting!

I heard that SVA does not interview everyone! A lot of people get accepted there without the interview, don't worry!!! They just interview the people that they feel they have more questions for.

HOW DID YOU HEAR FROM SVA??? ITS MY TOP CHOICE!!!???!!?!?! :blink:

amandapants, I'm in the same boat about being scared of debt....I am trying to decide if the debt is worth it. It's so hard. It seems like a no-brainer, but when you want to attend the program badly it hurts to turn down the offer. :-/

i'm a little late on this, but yes, i was accepted last week.

are you thinking of attending? it's my top choice but im afraid of that debt. ny is expensive already, let alone grad school.

Also got accepted to U Penn today via phone! Yay Yay Yay!! Absolutely one of my top choices - Yay also to wannaknow and L333makes.... See you at Penn on April 4th!

I think the size of the program is 18 to 20 per year - for about 40 total MFAs all in different concentrations... A nice healthy size.

So so so happy about this!!

ANYONE hear from Columbia? Someone said in another forum post that they started calling for interviews on March1st? I did a search but it's polluted with posts from last year.

I haven't heard anything through email or phone. It's been a month and a half. Was wondering if anyone has heard and if so, what genre?

I applied for MFA Painting.....

also, Syracuse?

I'm relatively new posting here. I am anxiously awaiting to hear from RISD and Columbia about interviews...as well as from UPenn on final decisions. The thing is, my old phone died and I had to replace it with a new phone and completely new phone number this past week. Do you guys think it is worth updating with individual schools just in case?

congrats to those accepted and invited today!

Congratulation! My webadvisor still says application under review but my slideroom deadline has changed to 3/21/11. What does your slideroom deadline say?

I just got accepted to CCA (via web advisor, finally!) and SFAI!

Whoot! Whoot!

ANYONE hear from Columbia? Someone said in another forum post that they started calling for interviews on March1st? I did a search but it's polluted with posts from last year.

I haven't heard anything through email or phone. It's been a month and a half. Was wondering if anyone has heard and if so, what genre?

I applied for MFA Painting.....

also, Syracuse?

I got a rejection email from Syracuse today for painting. Hopefully that is good news for you if you haven't heard anything yet! Good luck :)

Hey CCA kids- I absolutely do not have a web advisor log in. It was not on any email, believe me I've checked. So, I'm wondering if your number is anything specific? social security, telephone, birth date?

Oh man! I might have to wait until Monday... that's tooooo long!

On the flip side, interview at RISD! Anyone taking the phone interview instead of flying there? Last minute flights from the midwest to Providence are ridiculous!

I'm thinking of attending, yes...I was accepted too. I'm also afraid of the debt as well, even though they did offer a little $. I don't know how I'm going to do it, if I do decide to attend. It's my top choice so far, but I'm still waiting to hear from other schools!

i'm a little late on this, but yes, i was accepted last week.

are you thinking of attending? it's my top choice but im afraid of that debt. ny is expensive already, let alone grad school.

I got a rejection email from Syracuse today for painting. Hopefully that is good news for you if you haven't heard anything yet! Good luck :)

I'm waiting on Syracuse too. If you submitted your portfolio via slideroom, do you happen to know what your deadline date says? Mine says 3/31/2011. Don't know what that means.

I'm waiting on Syracuse too. If you submitted your portfolio via slideroom, do you happen to know what your deadline date says? Mine says 3/31/2011. Don't know what that means.

Mine says the exact same thing! I would think no news is good news for you at this point (assuming they would send out rejections at about the same time?).