MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

updating.

I just received an admission letter from UCSD! they were very kind, and a couple of professors also attached specific comments about the application. So it wasn't a generic "welcome to the league of extraordinary gentlemans" letter of acceptance.

Has anyone heard about RISD or MIT's ACT program?

updating.

I just received an admission letter from UCSD! they were very kind, and a couple of professors also attached specific comments about the application. So it wasn't a generic "welcome to the league of extraordinary gentlemans" letter of acceptance.

hey! congrats on your SAIC acceptance- just curious- what program did you apply for?

me too! I mean, come on RISD and SAIC MFA sculpture....what kills me is that SAIC has one of the earliest deadlines....

MFA Sclupture 2011

Cranbrook: accepted

SAIC: interviewed

RISD??

-

Canada:

York: accepted with full $

Guelph: rejected snail mail

Concordia:??

Where would you rather go? Cranbrook is a great school!!

me too! I mean, come on RISD and SAIC MFA sculpture....what kills me is that SAIC has one of the earliest deadlines....

MFA Sclupture 2011

SAIC: interviewed

RISD??

-

Canada:

York: accepted with full $

Guelph: rejected snail mail

Concordia:??

updating.

Congrats! That's great news. What a wonderful selection you have to make your choice !

You have a great selection so far.. which school are you leaning towards?

updating.

Hi, I'm new to the site but glad to find a group of folks that are going through applications

I applied to SAIC's MFA in Visual Communications and got a rejection letter in the mail a few days ago, but they suggest I consider their Pre-MFA program. Has anyone else gotten this suggestion? They don't confirm your acceptance into the program til April 30th, which is after the decision deadline for other schools. I am wondering what my chances are, because I kinda like the idea of a 3 year program.

Does anyone have any insight into this program, how many people apply for it, etc?

Thanks and good luck to all :D

Well... funding is a big issue. Besides that, I would like a small program (student-wise)... but it is a difficult choice indeed, I am leaning towards deciding between CMU, CalArts and UCSD. On the other hand, SAIC has an enormous reputation, but right now I am not filling like it has as much potential as the other programs in the New Media area. I would surely appreciate some feedback on this.

You have a great selection so far.. which school are you leaning towards?

I haven't gotten that response, but I hear the Post Bac program at SAIC is good and you get a good training for applying to the full MFA program. SAIC gets about 150 applicants varying on the year, and usually have a 25 people class, some of them being the post bac students form the previous year and about 15-20 newly admitted grad students.

Hi, I'm new to the site but glad to find a group of folks that are going through applications

I applied to SAIC's MFA in Visual Communications and got a rejection letter in the mail a few days ago, but they suggest I consider their Pre-MFA program. Has anyone else gotten this suggestion? They don't confirm your acceptance into the program til April 30th, which is after the decision deadline for other schools. I am wondering what my chances are, because I kinda like the idea of a 3 year program.

Does anyone have any insight into this program, how many people apply for it, etc?

Thanks and good luck to all :D

Thanks for your response Javier!

their letter says that VisCom PMFA students are directly admitted into the MFA program after their first year, so it's essentially a 3-yr MFA program for applicants that need some catching up. I want to know what the probability of acceptance is if they already reviewed my application.

don't want to get my hopes up and end up with another rejection from them!

I haven't gotten that response, but I hear the Post Bac program at SAIC is good and you get a good training for applying to the full MFA program. SAIC gets about 150 applicants varying on the year, and usually have a 25 people class, some of them being the post bac students form the previous year and about 15-20 newly admitted grad students.

WWWWHHHEEEEWWW!!!!!!!! Im SO SO SO Happy for you!!! I KNEW you would be accepted to the perfect place for you!!! your work is so awesome!!! CONGRATS!

I just got the Northwestern rejection too.

BUT yesterday I got a call from Mills and I'm accepted! :) Waiting to hear about financial aid...

Where would you rather go? Cranbrook is a great school!!

Hey Designr!

I am leaning towards Cranbrook for sure- I'd just like to have all potential offers on the table before I make a final decision :)

I'm going to visit the school this weekend! have you been??

hey ck - i just interviewed at cranbrook for sculpture, met Heather McGill and most of the students. it was an amazing experience.

Do you have any appts while you're there? I think next week is their Spring Break so it could be kind of quiet.

Hey Designr!

I am leaning towards Cranbrook for sure- I'd just like to have all potential offers on the table before I make a final decision :)

I'm going to visit the school this weekend! have you been??

Has anyone heard back from VCU sculpture, UCLA sculpture or Columbia Visual Arts Dept -but work as a sculptor? (I heard they still review/get back to us based on field). I can't take the wait anymore!! I heard VCU was sending out letters at the end of next week but I'm not sure if they are decision or interview letters. Do these places conduct interviews? Eek!!

Hey d14505 - I don't know about UCLA, but its been my understanding that people have been interviewing or admitted at VCU and Columbia. I'm expecting rejections, but I've been expecting them since I sent out my apps.

good luck!

Has anyone heard back from VCU sculpture, UCLA sculpture or Columbia Visual Arts Dept -but work as a sculptor? (I heard they still review/get back to us based on field). I can't take the wait anymore!! I heard VCU was sending out letters at the end of next week but I'm not sure if they are decision or interview letters. Do these places conduct interviews? Eek!!

I think vcu has interviewed painting students, but sculpture is still reviewing applications..

Hey Guys

Just wanted let anyone waiting on Concordia MFA Sculpture to know, I received an email notifying me of acceptance.

So check your emails :) no mention on financial aid though...

good luck to everyone!!

MFA Sculpture 2011

SAIC: interviewed (crossing fingers)

RISD:??

-

Canada

York: accepted with full$$

Concordia: accepted

Guelph: interviewed, then rejected (snail mail) on March 2nd