MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I'm new on here, but have been following for awhile. I've just received an email from RISD. It was from the director of printmaking MFA graduate studies. I am "very close to the top" of the wait list. Specific details about my statement and portfolio were included in the email. Does anyone know how likely it is that I'll end up being admitted. The email said I would be notified "as soon as a spot is available"....anyone have an interpretation of that?

Congrats to anyone who was accepted there!! : )

Rejected from Univ. of Florida

It's so weird because I already got into a couple of schools that are 10 times better (academically) than Unv. of Florida. But I got rejected from Univ of Florida... It's so crazy, you never know why they pick you or don't pick you.... so strange these schools are.

does anyone know if USC always/sometimes/never interviews?

i have an upcoming deadline to accept or turn down another school's offer, and am hoping that USC just skips the whole time-consuming interview process.

thanks!

I think last year everyone who was accepted was also interviewed..

does anyone know if USC always/sometimes/never interviews?

i have an upcoming deadline to accept or turn down another school's offer, and am hoping that USC just skips the whole time-consuming interview process.

thanks!

o I know severa people applied to CU Boulder... anything?????? crickets............. I'm thinknig I might call them next week and say, I have ofers from other popel I have ot notify and coul;d they give me a heads up if it looks good or bad for me..... any CU boulder people have any odeas

I'm new on here, but have been following for awhile. I've just received an email from RISD. It was from the director of printmaking MFA graduate studies. I am "very close to the top" of the wait list. Specific details about my statement and portfolio were included in the email. Does anyone know how likely it is that I'll end up being admitted. The email said I would be notified "as soon as a spot is available"....anyone have an interpretation of that?

Congrats to anyone who was accepted there!! : )

u got an email from Raftery right?

he was sooo nice to me on the phone

well basically he said he wants an answer from me at the end of this month or the first week of april.

so if anyone doesnt answer by then they will notify u.

is risd your top choice?

Just got accepted to MICA's Graphic Design MFA! so excited! I am told they will be sending official acceptance letters next week

how did they notify you? i also applied for their graphic design MFA and went there in person to interview recently...i thought it went great, so now i'm getting nervous! congrats though, i was so impressed with their program!

Hello, I just came across this site yesterday, I wish I had found it in January! I work in a variety of mediums, which I sometimes combine, so although I only applied to 8 schools, I applied to about 15 programs.

SO far I've interviewed at Saic for painting, was accepted at Saic for ceramics, waitlisted at the University of Washington for ceramics/3d4m, and rejected from calarts. I haven't heard from any other schools, most of which I assume means I was rejected or waitlisted. YOu can see my stuff at www.christopherallman.com

But want I want to ask is about money. I notice some people have mentioned being accepted with $. How does this work? Does it just happen automatically? Since, for example, I was accepted to the ceramics program at Saic is there some way I can ask them to offer me money? Any advice or experience on this subject?

I'm in your boat. I got in to SAIC's Fiber/Materials and am waiting to hear back on Painting. A painter named Chiara led my tour of the painting department and said her need-based scholarship covered 40% of her tuition and another merit scholarship covered the rest. She said that she had to fight for it however, so I think making your case to the school does help. Her merit scholarship I think was one she had to apply for specifically, not one that was automatically applied for by applying to the school.

Yeah it was Raftery. He seems super nice! Risd is definitely one of my top interests. I haven't been able to visit, but those who I've communicated have given me a really great impression. Congrats on your acceptance! Is it your 1st choice??

thank you. i was soooo surprised to hear from him. he emailed and then called me. i havent visited either.

im still waiting to hear from other schools mainly cornell. but i never thought i would get into risd

so well c

best of luck to you.

Yeah it was Raftery. He seems super nice! Risd is definitely one of my top interests. I haven't been able to visit, but those who I've communicated have given me a really great impression. Congrats on your acceptance! Is it your 1st choice??

Well... funding is a big issue. Besides that, I would like a small program (student-wise)... but it is a difficult choice indeed, I am leaning towards deciding between CMU, CalArts and UCSD. On the other hand, SAIC has an enormous reputation, but right now I am not filling like it has as much potential as the other programs in the New Media area. I would surely appreciate some feedback on this.

when and to what program were you admitted to calarts?

I got an email from Ellen Lupton, she said we will be getting notices in the mail soon tho, i was also told that they will be contacting people Friday and Monday, so it is possible that they will contact you on Monday. I went to Baltimore for my interview too, I loved their program, what day where you there?

how did they notify you? i also applied for their graphic design MFA and went there in person to interview recently...i thought it went great, so now i'm getting nervous! congrats though, i was so impressed with their program!

I got an email from Ellen Lupton, she said we will be getting notices in the mail soon tho, i was also told that they will be contacting people Friday and Monday, so it is possible that they will contact you on Monday. I went to Baltimore for my interview too, I loved their program, what day where you there?

nice to see ucla is using the same form letter as last year. i don't know why it irks me, but for some reason i feel like schools could have the decency to set aside a dollar from my application to send me a hardcopy. it just seems so impersonal and like a final slap in the face to feel like they couldn't be bothered to waste the price of a stamp on you. though, i don't have the same hang ups when i'm getting good news. meh.