MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

@wannaknow, has your rutgers status changed? i still haven't gotten anything from them, and my status still says 'no decision.' weird.

ok I KNOW a few other people applied to CU-Boulder... any news????? I eamiled them and asked if they knew anything yet and I havent gotten a response... anything about that school would be helpful even if its for other programs, I am sculpture. Thanks guys!! I cant believe this whole process is almost over! AHHHH not long now...

hey no my rutgers still says no decision.... but my letter came monday.. in Oklahoma

@wannaknow, has your rutgers status changed? i still haven't gotten anything from them, and my status still says 'no decision.' weird.

Edited by wannaknow

I think Northwestern may have left me off of being on ANY list. Still no change in status, no letter, and did not receive the rejection email last week.

Should I email to see if I was left off?

yes I would! couldnt hurt...

I think Northwestern may have left me off of being on ANY list. Still no change in status, no letter, and did not receive the rejection email last week.

Should I email to see if I was left off?

Congrats!!

Which concentration?

I just got accepted into parsons with funding!!!!!!!!!!! i can not believe it!!! I was beginning to lose faith because i had already gotten two rejections NYU and SAIC

but Parsons is my first choice!!!

Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

Just interviewed this afternoon and they told me at the end of the interview! I won't have specific details on what they are offering for a week or two though.

Hey I have an interview next week at Pratt...would you tell me a bit about that interview (how long, some questions if you remember, what was the main things they asked...did they ask you specific questions about your work, etc.)

any information you can give me will be very useful! I am kind of nervous.. :)

thanks a lot!!

I just got my acceptance letter to Parsons with funding! Nearly hugged the fedex man!!

I didn't go through an interview at all though, it just came out of the blue. (I'm an international student, but the university does skype interviews.... did anyone not have an interview?)

Boo:( I'm sorry to hear. On to the next one?

Do you live in or near NY? I haven't heard anything yet, and I truly cannot take it anymore.

Yes, I received the letter in nj right outside the city. Thanks, I am pretty disappointed bc I was waitlisted there last year. You never know with these things. Good luck to you! Still waiting on mica mt. Royal and low-

residency. But ain't holding my breath. Onwards!!

Hi! I got accepted into Parsons without an interview as well.

What program did you apply to?

I just got my acceptance letter to Parsons with funding! Nearly hugged the fedex man!!

I didn't go through an interview at all though, it just came out of the blue. (I'm an international student, but the university does skype interviews.... did anyone not have an interview?)

Got official acceptance letters from MICA's GD and Social Design program in the mail last night , I suppose for everybody else who is expecting news from MICA, they should be on its way if they didn't make it already

Got official acceptance letters from MICA's GD and Social Design program in the mail last night , I suppose for everybody else who is expecting news from MICA, they should be on its way if they didn't make it already

Same here.

Hi! I got accepted into Parsons without an interview as well.

What program did you apply to?

I applied to the design and technology program. It's really odd how they didn't do any interviews at all, since they explicitly state it as a requirement on their site

I also have a dilemma regarding the process of negotiation and I think, you, Luckyfriend would be able advise me. When you told the first school that you have another offer did you tell them the name of the other school? Or you just told them you have another offer? I am not feeling comfortabe giving out my whole application history for all the shcools. They are competition to each other. So I am curious what was your strategy.

Here's my dilemma, if anyone has any input: so far, I've had no rejections, one interview, one more scheduled for tomorrow, and two acceptances. Both acceptances are accompanied by really generous, almost identical offers. They include tuition waivers, fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, etc. They're essentially "full rides" and they're paying me on top of that. Way, way better than what I had expected. I feel really lucky. I would've been overjoyed to be accepted with just enough funding to allow me to attend. What's amazing is that after I told each of them that I had another offer, both schools are saying they can give me a bit more money.

I'm freaking out though, because one school is really pressuring me to decide within the next couple of days. They just made me the offer about a week ago, and I feel pretty rushed, because I haven't heard back from all the schools yet. They already gave me a deadline that passed because I said I needed more time, and it was extended until next week. They didn't exactly say that the offer would be retracted if I didn't decide though, but they are starting to sound more stern about it and making me feel a bit guilty. Their program is really great, and I don't think it would be a mistake to go there, even if I was pressured into it.

Any thoughts? Are they being too pushy too quickly? Am I being dumb allowing myself to be pressured, or am I being arrogant by thinking I could possibly get a better offer?

were you contacted before you got the official letter to let you know that you were accepted? i know a few of us over the in the graphic design thread have been waiting to heard back from MICA. i only interviewed less than two weeks ago, so i thought i would have to wait a while longer before i heard anything. i'm worried that since i haven't, that i'm waiting on a rejection letter :(

Same here.

@luckyfriend---congrats! what a great situation to be in. I would tell the other schools you are waiting hear back from about your dilemma--telling them you need to make a decision about a school but, you want to hear back from their school before. share with them what was offered and tell them you were wondering if its possible to have a response beforehand---unofficial or official.....

I also have a dilemma regarding the process of negotiation and I think, you, Luckyfriend would be able advise me. When you told the first school that you have another offer did you tell them the name of the other school? Or you just told them you have another offer? I am not feeling comfortabe giving out my whole application history for all the shcools. They are competition to each other. So I am curious what was your strategy.

I got a call yesterday, the admissions packet at night and a couple fo emails last week, but they said they were still contacting people

were you contacted before you got the official letter to let you know that you were accepted? i know a few of us over the in the graphic design thread have been waiting to heard back from MICA. i only interviewed less than two weeks ago, so i thought i would have to wait a while longer before i heard anything. i'm worried that since i haven't, that i'm waiting on a rejection letter :(

Yes, I received the letter in nj right outside the city. Thanks, I am pretty disappointed bc I was waitlisted there last year. You never know with these things. Good luck to you! Still waiting on mica mt. Royal and low-

residency. But ain't holding my breath. Onwards!!

hey vieveview, not to be stalkerish, but I saw your post in the forum from last year regarding The City College of NY.....it said you got an email end of March last year from them saying your app was STILL under review. If you don't mind my asking....what do you know about that program/ when did you finally receive a decision? I applied there this year...and stillll waiting to hear back.

I had tried to visit the program in the fall but they didn't get back to me about it. It is kind of mysterious but I applied anyways for the hell of it.