MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Hi all - anyone out there applied to Stanford's MFA in Art Practice and has heard anything back yet?

The program secretary had emailed me that notifications for interviews would be sent (or posted? - by email, phone call, website? Not so much info is given...) this week, but I have heard nothing so far...

Now I am definitely freaking out!!!!! Any news, anyone? THANKS.

Edited by camerawoman

Nothing yet! When I interviewed with them last year they called me on February 7 to notify me, so I'm starting to feel pessimistic. Though they could just be doing things differently this year :)

Hi all - anyone out there applied to Stanford's MFA in Art Practice and has heard anything back yet?

The program secretary had emailed me that notifications for interviews would be sent (or posted? - by email, phone call, website? Not so much info is given...) this week, but I have heard nothing so far...

Now I am definitely freaking out!!!!! Any news, anyone? THANKS.

That happened to me last year when I was so nervous...but as long as they enjoyed the conversation, you will be fine.

Also, you will do much better job next time :)

If you don't mind telling us, what kind of questions did they ask?

They asked the questions that lisa33 mentioned as well as what outside classes effected my artwork. Then just some in depth questions about my photographs.

Do you have an interview with them?

Thanks for your kind words!

who were your interviewers? that's great that they asked about your work--mine didn't at all, which was sort of a bummer: i was prepared to talk about it, but couldn't figure out a way to do that because the questions wouldn't really allow it...

They asked the questions that lisa33 mentioned as well as what outside classes effected my artwork. Then just some in depth questions about my photographs.

That's awesome congrats!! Which department did you apply to?

applied to painting and drawing. I had not called back last night, decided to try early this morning. Oh goodness i hope they try me again.

Got a rejection letter from Slade in the mail today :(

orangetrousers, I also applied to Hoffberger and RISD Painting and have not heard a thing. I think I remember from last year that RISD's interview invites came a little later, but I was emailed an interview invite from Hoffberger on the 16th, so I hope we hear something soon.

Oh god! Me too! Ucla called last night, so late, and so casual...just to see if I was "still interested" and the faculty will be meeting today to make their final decision. CRAZYYY

Guess I'll just file this one into the "no news is not good news category"... :(

Even though I did apply for NG...and not painting, I think they'd be rendering decisions faster though since they are a small dept.

Edited by racuerex

did they tell you today? i thought they said next week. though i was driving with two friends in my car when they called and may have misunderstood. have any idea if they do in person interviews for painting i haven't been able to figure that out? good luck!

Oh god! Me too! Ucla called last night, so late, and so casual...just to see if I was "still interested" and the faculty will be meeting today to make their final decision. CRAZYYY

Any word from Columbia or Syracuse?????????

I'm interested in knowing about Syracuse also. Actually, I'm interested to know if anyone's heard anything from the following schools:

Syracuse

Tyler

Indiana U.

PAFA

SUNY Albany

Thank goodness, a call from UCLA today as one of their finalists. that was LEAST expected. so full of excitement and nervousness. The first thing on my mind . . . maybe i can get back to work now!

for painting? I wonder when they are gonna make decisions for the photo dept.. i am super nervous...they havent called me since the interview which was on monday....

I'm signed up on an "art education" mailing list, so I receive notifications of deadlines for applying to grad programs. I see several that have upcoming deadlines for March. I was wondering if anyone knows of the top grad schools for painting abroad? England, France, Italy, Germany? I'm not familiar with any of the schools. I'm thinking of applying.....Plan B for not being accepted into the schools in the US I've already applied for...

I don't think I am doing interview with upenn. I applied to upenn - digital media, and new school - media studies.

I haven't gotten any email yet.

But I believe all things will work together for good, and so I won't lose hope!

Good luck to you all :)

Edited by theshadow

for painting? I wonder when they are gonna make decisions for the photo dept.. i am super nervous...they havent called me since the interview which was on monday....

did you have an on-campus interview or something over the phone? tried contacting the faculty member that left a message last night. alas, no reply today. that is the only thing i've heard, never really did an interview.

yeah I went and spent some time there in the fall and I LOVE the new facilities! Absolutely fantastic and I love the whole vibe of Boulder... we will see

Curious if anyone has heard from UCLA sculpture? I also applied at UT Austin.

I've been accepted at Hawaii and I'm in the process of applying for a fab GA there, which if that comes through I'm going to have a very hard time saying no.

@wannaknow Boulder is worth the wait. The spankin' new Visual Arts Building is amazing. I loved the old building, but wow. Boulder is great place to live.

I don't think I am doing interview with upenn. I applied to upenn - digital media, and new school - media studies.

I haven't gotten any email yet.

But I believe all things will work together for good, and so I won't lose hope!

Good luck to you all :)

I really don't think that getting or not getting an interview means anything. I wouldn't disqualify yourself quite yet :-)

who were your interviewers? that's great that they asked about your work--mine didn't at all, which was sort of a bummer: i was prepared to talk about it, but couldn't figure out a way to do that because the questions wouldn't really allow it...

I had Joshua Mosley, Nancy Davenport and Matt Freedman. Who were yours?

I think it might be a good sign that they didn't ask about your work... probably means that it speaks for itself. How did you feel your interview went?

I only had terry adkins (not 'only'--he's one of the coolest people ever!) but matt freedman couldn't make it for some reason. it was nice to chat one-on-one, but because we didn't talk about my work at all i ended up feeling like it couldn't have been too helpful for him. oh well.

I had Joshua Mosley, Nancy Davenport and Matt Freedman. Who were yours?

I think it might be a good sign that they didn't ask about your work... probably means that it speaks for itself. How did you feel your interview went?

why did i get a big catalog/guide about SIAC?????????

I did not get the letter yet..

oh................ i feel like it's a bad sign... :-(

Pratt also sent me a big graduate catalog/courses guide book, but no letter... :(