GRE Score Submission when Reapplying

cbsag123

I'm applying for the second time for PhD programs (Fall 2024 admissions) in the US, after an unsuccessful earlier attempt in 2020 for the 2021 admissions cycle (that was a brutal cycle... unsure if I've recovered enough from that). 

I just created some of the accounts on the applicant portals for schools I'm targeting, and I noticed that because I'm using the same email address, they have a bunch of my info saved -- including old GRE scores that were sent to them by ETS. I do not want to retake the GRE, so I was planning on sending those same scores again anyway and was happy to see I don't have to pay $$ to ETS to send them to the schools. However, I noticed that since I last submitted my scores in 2020, the percentile scores, especially for the quant section, have gone down significantly (in my case from 85% to 73%). As the scores in the application portal are "verified" because they received the official scores from ETS, I can't go in there to update these percentile changes. My question is, if I submit an application including those old, verified scores, will I be penalized or perhaps even accused of deceiving the admissions committees because I reported outdated percentiles? Will anyone notice or care? Or am I just lucky that they still have the old scores?

Any insights into this would be much appreciated!!