MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

1 minute ago, cinnamoroll8 said:

no portal doesnt show anything

same. don’t know if it’s just photo being slow? I also looked it up and looks like last year people got snail mail rejected nearing the end of april?? 😳

1 hour ago, cinnamoroll8 said:

just got accepted to Columbia Sculpture?! 

im in shock. Got a personal email saying the official letter and such will come soon 😳

Omg congrats! Was the email from the interviewers?

anybody else hear back from Columbia sculpture?

4 hours ago, Lollypoponeday said:

Hello, has anyone ever heard of someone appealing their rejection and managing to turn it around? Lol

thank you 

lol. I wonder if you could email and tell them how interested you are in the department/school and ask to be considered for their waitlist. 

11 hours ago, freshman2024 said:

Asking one more time if anyone has had any experience interviewing with Rutgers… or how long they take to make decisions there after?

Interviewed with the Design faculty about a week ago, it was mentioned that they will “get back in March”. I’m assuming that they do wait till all of the interviews are done and then make final decisions. Maybe that’s the case for the Visual Arts program as well, but I cannot say for sure  : )

11 hours ago, Sweetie123 said:

lol. I wonder if you could email and tell them how interested you are in the department/school and ask to be considered for their waitlist. 

I have asked for feedback for now to understand what I am dealing with. And maybe next week I'll ask for reconsideration. lol

22 hours ago, Abandonsleep said:

Anyone heard from MICA yet?

Not here either. Interviewed for illustration and graphic design in mid-February but no decision thus far. I've gotten the same "stay connected" e-mails. 

9 hours ago, Pootylang said:

No I applied for photo and film, can’t find anyone who has heard anything from them.

I reached out to them personally after hearing nothing, no interview, etc. They sent me a weird email that almost led me to believe that I would be interviewed by them. Then the next day I was rejected. lol. 

An update:

RISD: radio silence

Columbia: nothing

Ruskin (Oxford): interview then rejection

Yale: rejection

Slade (UCL): rejection

Cornell: nothing

RCA (London): nothing

Any advice or experience with any of these schools mentioned? I'm assuming rejection from RISD/Columbia since people have already heard back with offers.