MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

1 hour ago, Beenthereonce said:

Does Yale give full-ride funding? (if you are in need of course)

They say that they will meet demonstrated need up to 100% tuition (i'm not clear if that covers 'fees' as well). I am then assuming (uninformed assumption) that you can also work as a TA and get a salary. At some schools another benefit with TAing is health insurance coverage, im not sure where yale stands with that

Edited by Showtime123

8 hours ago, Showtime123 said:

They say that they will meet demonstrated need up to 100% tuition (i'm not clear if that covers 'fees' as well). I am then assuming (uninformed assumption) that you can also work as a TA and get a salary. At some schools another benefit with TAing is health insurance coverage, im not sure where yale stands with that

"Appointments to teaching assistantships are made by the faculty of the School of Art and managed by the assistant dean for academic affairs. Teaching assistantships are usually assigned only to second-year students. A student may not apply for an assistantship because all appointments are based on individual merit and performance qualifications and not on financial need. A U.S. Social Security number is required in order to be paid as a teaching assistant. Teaching assistantships may be for one or two terms, and the compensation is made via monthly payments (rather than tuition remission)."

Edited by btwnthetides

Oh boy--Idk--I haven't heard anything from RISD sculpture since I interviewed with them.

Still wondering if anyone else has heard back from Columbia expanded practice?

Also, I believe all departments at Bard are going to send out acceptances this Friday (3/8).

Any news from University of Washington? It seems like nobody applying to their MFA program has heard back yet, so I'm still hopeful. Their site also states that undergrad admissions decisions are sent out between March 1-15, so here's to hoping that grad acceptances go out within that window as well (if they haven't already and I'm just missing something)

Edit: I saw on the UofW masters acceptance page that some have, as have some waitlists, but not fully sure of if that's the final headcount/status

Edited by SemiLocalArtRat
-more info found-

On 3/5/2024 at 4:00 AM, DesyDes said:

Interviewed with the Design faculty about a week ago, it was mentioned that they will “get back in March”. I’m assuming that they do wait till all of the interviews are done and then make final decisions. Maybe that’s the case for the Visual Arts program as well, but I cannot say for sure  : )

How was it? I interview friday for visual arts 

2 hours ago, sad face said:

Should I be expecting to hear from RISD today? I heard from other discipline that official letters will be sent out March 6.

Really anxious about what kind of financial package I'm getting 🫣

they said today or near today in unofficial acceptance i got... anxiously awaiting lol my efc on fafsa is literally 0 so i'm curious to see what i'll get and if it'll be doable

11 minutes ago, freshman2024 said:

How was it? I interview friday for visual arts 

Pretty good, slightly more rigorous than in art schools that I was interviewing with, but that’s the tendency that I’ve noticed with all big/public/research universities. 

My online interview lasted about 40 minutes, they had a list of questions about my work, interests, and goals in relation to Rutgers being a multidisciplinary school.

All in all, nothing unexpected, but I don’t know how much different the Design process is from the one for Visual Arts, so take my experience with a grain of salt : ) Hope that helps, good luck this Friday! 

4 minutes ago, DesyDes said:

Pretty good, slightly more rigorous than in art schools that I was interviewing with, but that’s the tendency that I’ve noticed with all big/public/research universities. 

My online interview lasted about 40 minutes, they had a list of questions about my work, interests, and goals in relation to Rutgers being a multidisciplinary school.

All in all, nothing unexpected, but I don’t know how much different the Design process is from the one for Visual Arts, so take my experience with a grain of salt : ) Hope that helps, good luck this Friday! 

Thank you ! Good luck to you as well :) 

25 minutes ago, Beenthereonce said:

saic  just sent out their packages

Yeah, I got my email with my login and stuff. It doesnt display any financial information for me... I'm assuming I didnt recieve any merit scholarships I guess, and the the financial aid page on the student portal is just totally blank for me? I guess because maybe the fafsa still hasn't been processed? Is it the same for anyone else? 

4 hours ago, sad face said:

Should I be expecting to hear from RISD today? I heard from other discipline that official letters will be sent out March 6.

Really anxious about what kind of financial package I'm getting 🫣

I was told (painting) that we would get the official letters with financial info today but it is already kinda late in the day so idk. 

They already let me know what my fellowship amounts to but because of how expensive RISD is, it is nowhere near enough. Especially considering I've been getting better offers from other schools but, still, hoping that miraculously the official letter says something different lol.

Has anyone heard back from VCU, Boston University, or Cranbrook in painting?

14 minutes ago, Goody2choos said:

I was told (painting) that we would get the official letters with financial info today but it is already kinda late in the day so idk. 

They already let me know what my fellowship amounts to but because of how expensive RISD is, it is nowhere near enough. Especially considering I've been getting better offers from other schools but, still, hoping that miraculously the official letter says something different lol.

Has anyone heard back from VCU, Boston University, or Cranbrook in painting?

I messaged the VCU gd director and they told me they haven’t received aid packages yet from the grad school and were hoping to get it between yesterday and Thurs. maybe painting is in same situation 

Edited by coolgirl