MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

11 minutes ago, chanu2v40 said:

Hey all, 

I've been lurking for a bit. I have a focus in ceramics and I applied to 5 schools:

University of Washington

University of Colorado Boulder

University of Oregon

University of California San Bernardino 

and Pacific Northwest College of Art 

So far, I have been selected as a finalist for the University of Oregon and I did a phone interview Wednesday - They said I should hear back within 2-3 weeks. 

Good luck these next few weeks, everyone! 

Did you hear from the ceramics professors specifically or from a graduate committee? Did it seem like they had made choices for all concentrations? 

2 hours ago, ohoh said:

Just received an interview request from RISD sculpture this morning. Anybody know how many interviews they conduct vs applicants they accept?

im not sure about risd, but i know a lot of schools interview like 15ish and take 3-6 people depending on funding and applicant pool 

13 minutes ago, btwnthetides said:

Did you hear from the ceramics professors specifically or from a graduate committee? Did it seem like they had made choices for all concentrations? 

Yes, I heard from one of the ceramics professors directly. It seems like each area is conducting its own interviews and then coming together as a committee to make their decisions. 

5 minutes ago, chanu2v40 said:

Yes, I heard from one of the ceramics professors directly. It seems like each area is conducting its own interviews and then coming together as a committee to make their decisions. 

Thank you! I guess I'll hold onto a little bit of hope. 

12 hours ago, hihihi123 said:

hellloooo.  so i applied to fine arts programs some of which are sculpture degrees or fine arts with concentration in sculpture blah blah blah:) so here whats up with me.  

yale (nothing yet)

ut austin (interview coming in a few days)

rutgers (nothing yet)

saic (nothing)

washington uni st louis (nothing) 

cuny hunter (nothing)

columbia (nothing)

ucla (nothing)

I had a terrible gpa but good portfolio and recommendations 

Hey, did you get an interview request from UT or are they gonna send them soon?

11 minutes ago, Thursdayhasnofeel said:

Hey, did you get an interview request from UT or are they gonna send them soon?

I got one a week ago and i saw another person on here had one from them as well. not sure if they have notified everyone yet. 

On 1/30/2024 at 9:48 PM, bunnie99 said:

It's so nerve wracking to hear about everyone else's interviews. Anyone here applying for ceramics? Specifically I applied to UW Seattle, UC Davis, SAIC, RISD, and CU Boulder. I'm seeing a lot of photo and graphic design people getting responses, but I know these things are pretty different by department, so I'm trying to to worry too much. 

Hear anything from Boulder?

Hello :)

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I decided to create an account here so I can have people to relate to in dealing with the utter anxiety I am going through in waiting for all of my responses. I applied to six different schools in either sculpture or interdisciplinary. It's my first year applying.

I have only heard back from one school so far, the MICA Mount Royal School. I got an interview :)

I am still awaiting responses from VCU, Kent State, Yale, Columbia, and CCA.

wishing you all the best!

58 minutes ago, lilguy1998 said:

Anyone here apply to Hunter College or BU School of Fine Arts?

I applied to Hunter ( My focus is Photo) and havent heard anything! 

Edited by Phynch

1 hour ago, anxious_applicant26 said:

Hello :)

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I decided to create an account here so I can have people to relate to in dealing with the utter anxiety I am going through in waiting for all of my responses. I applied to six different schools in either sculpture or interdisciplinary. It's my first year applying.

I have only heard back from one school so far, the MICA Mount Royal School. I got an interview :)

I am still awaiting responses from VCU, Kent State, Yale, Columbia, and CCA.

wishing you all the best!

I applied to Columbia photo and sculpture, I got an interview for photo feb 17 and got the email the 29th of Jan. I also applied to saic (photo/sculpture) yale ( sculpture) VCU ( sculpture) still wainting as well wishing u luck and like you it’s my first time as well! 

Has anyone heard from UC Irvine, Rutgers, UCLA, or the University of Illinois–Chicago?

Side note: Going to be hard to enjoy this weekend knowing Yale can send interview invites at any moment. Not sure what happened for Yale in 2020, but I know 3 of the last 4 years they sent invites on the first week of February and weekends aren't off limits for them. Hope everyone finds healthy things to do to keep anxiety under control. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back, wishing you all a stress-free weekend!

4 minutes ago, Gaara said:

Has anyone heard from UC Irvine, Rutgers, UCLA, or the University of Illinois–Chicago?

Side note: Going to be hard to enjoy this weekend knowing Yale can send interview invites at any moment. Not sure what happened for Yale in 2020, but I know 3 of the last 4 years they sent invites on the first week of February and weekends aren't off limits for them. Hope everyone finds healthy things to do to keep anxiety under control. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back, wishing you all a stress-free weekend!

I applied to UIC and haven't heard anything!

4 minutes ago, btwnthetides said:

I applied to UIC and haven't heard anything!

Thanks for sharing that, that's good to know. Someone from Chicago viewed my website a while back and I figured it was UIC, but I have no clue when they accept people. I have seen in the past that UIC has accepted people without interviewing them, but that was in 2019. There's not much info about their timeline in previous forums, do you happen to know anything?  

20 minutes ago, Gaara said:

applied to ucla and rutgers sculpture haven't heard anything......and yah ut austin sent me an interview request on a Saturday at like 5pm so its a free for all hahaha.... and just as a side note i think last year saic sent out interview request on feb 4th. 

Question for people who applied to Rutgers.  I thought I had paid my application fee, but beside the black statues box it says dont forget to pay application fee.  I was wondering if anyone else had this link, because I swear I paid it??? I emailed someone to ask but thought i would throw that on here ❤️