MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

2 minutes ago, ohoh said:

Hi, wanted to ask about writing thank you notes following interviews. (Just interviewed with RISD sculpture.) Are people looking up the emails of the faculty members who interviewed them and writing a thank you email to that group? 

I usually just email whoever was the contact that set up the interview and ask them to extend things to everyone that attended. 

I was selected as a finalist for Yale sculpture!!

I can't believe it. Especially after such a quick rejection from northwestern, I felt certain it would be the same for yale. For the record I got the email yesterday early afternoon but I couldn't get into my gradcafe account on my phone. But yeah my head is still spinning. My anxiety has been through the roof and hasn't really subsided so I can barely process this and I'm elated but also like...so out of it lol. This process really is brutal. Goes without saying I am terrified of the interview but have some time to prepare.

Tomorrow I am interviewing in person at Upenn. No word from UCLA..seems like last year they ran late and then also didn't even formally reject a lot of people so I have no expectations from them. 

Hope everyone is hanging in there<3

24 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

I usually just email whoever was the contact that set up the interview and ask them to extend things to everyone that attended. 

Ok interesting—I only got an email from “RISD Sculpture”; I guess I’ll just write to that email!

Hi all, did anyone else apply to the university of Maryland?

I know many of you are underway in the interview process already. Last year I was interviewed (sculpture) by Tulane, Kent state, and the university of Delaware. I’d be happy to give anyone info/feedback about my interviews at those schools last year. I was accepted to Kent and Delaware but ultimately chose to decline both and reapply to other schools this year. 

congrats to everyone and good luck! x 

3 minutes ago, Sweetie123 said:

I know many of you are underway in the interview process already. Last year I was interviewed (sculpture) by Tulane, Kent state, and the university of Delaware. I’d be happy to give anyone info/feedback about my interviews at those schools last year. I was accepted to Kent and Delaware but ultimately chose to decline both and reapply to other schools this year. 

May I, ask why you decided to decline offers from Kent and Delaware?

2 hours ago, ohoh said:

Hi, wanted to ask about writing thank you notes following interviews. (Just interviewed with RISD sculpture.) Are people looking up the emails of the faculty members who interviewed them and writing a thank you email to that group? 

I think its a good idea

1 hour ago, Goody2choos said:

Hey everyone! I just received an email from Tyler regarding visiting and touring the school and it congratulated me on my acceptance but, I never received an acceptance email? I responded asking if an email was supposed to be sent out later today but was wondering if anyone else had this happen? 

That might've sort of been the acceptance email. I got something similar but more personal for photo. I think the funding is held up because of the FAFSA issues but they still want to start accepting people, so they're offering visits first and foremost. That's what Davis did too. 

2 hours ago, CactusWren22 said:

May I, ask why you decided to decline offers from Kent and Delaware?

Delaware gave me a wonderful offer and I came close to accepting, but at the time they were in the middle of sorting some things out with their program (whether it would be 2 or 3 years and a few other things) and I decided to wait until things were sorted and the dust settled. And with Kent, I would have been an instructor of record from day 1 and I am looking for a program where I can TA for the first semester or so while I get acclimated.

Both are great programs with good offers just not what I was looking for. 

3 hours ago, Sweetie123 said:

I did, but not for the sculpture department.  Goodluck to us!

10 minutes ago, Wifi0000 said:

I did, but not for the sculpture department.  Goodluck to us!

which department did you apply to? The Maryland app was just studio arts so it didn’t specify a department for me. Lmk if you hear anything! Good luck! 

Edited by Sweetie123

Did anyone interview for RISD gd this week? Or has done so in the past? If so, what was the interview like? I have mine coming up and they said it was casual, but curious what questions they asked, etc. to be prepared! 

10 hours ago, ohoh said:

what did they ask? any questions stood out? and did u have to present anything

Has anyone heard anything from VCU at all? I feel like they've been radio silent this whole winter. At least I hope they have been.

25 minutes ago, Gkrenz said:

Has anyone heard anything from VCU at all? I feel like they've been radio silent this whole winter. At least I hope they have been.

Got an email earlier today inviting me for an interview. (painting and printmaking)

Edited by californiagirlll

18 hours ago, Sweetie123 said:

which department did you apply to? The Maryland app was just studio arts so it didn’t specify a department for me. Lmk if you hear anything! Good luck! 

oh oops sorry, yes just studio art. I will! lmk as well too!