MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

Hi~ 😀 This time, Parsons costs about $59,000 per year, while Columbia's tuition is around $74,722 per year.

As for Yale, Is the tuition  $46,870 per year? (Rejected)

I'm hesitating to enroll due to significant difference in tuition. I mean ..next year reapply

Edited by Bita5sal

1 hour ago, Bita5sal said:

Hi~ 😀 This time, Parsons costs about $59,000 per year, while Columbia's tuition is around $74,722 per year.

As for Yale, Is the tuition  $46,870 per year? (Rejected)

I'm hesitating to enroll due to significant difference in tuition. I mean ..next year reapply

Hi😃 what department did you apply for? and you mean reapply for Yale?

5 hours ago, MFAturtle said:

Hi😃 what department did you apply for? and you mean reapply for Yale?

I applied for fine arts! My question: Is Yale’s tuition fee about $46,000 per year? If my info is correct, I think it seems reasonable compared to other schools. 

Edited by Bita5sal

13 hours ago, Bita5sal said:

I applied for fine arts! My question: Is Yale’s tuition fee about $46,000 per year? If my info is correct, I think it seems reasonable compared to other schools. 

yeah, you're correct that's the tuition they have cited on their website. can I ask what medium you're in? depending on your financial situation, from my understanding Yale is incredibly generous with financial aid if you show need. that's what I've heard of photo at least. 

On 5/1/2024 at 9:12 PM, RobbieWrites said:

Hello! Congrats to everyone getting into their dream schools! Question: Does anyone know when Columbia will start informing students about the MFA Fiction waitlist acceptances? 

You should ask this on the literary forum! This one is for visual arts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I heard that there has been a massive change (replacement of professors) at Slade School of Fine art.

Has anyone heard of this? If you know of any changes to their curriculum or direction of work since then, please share! There is no information on the internet.😢Thank u

• 2 months later...

I don't know if there is a forum for 2025 yet , can you tell I'm already anxious lol? But I just registered for National Portfolio Day for grad in November in NYC. Can anyone here speak to how helpful they found that? / What schools attended. I only applied to Rutgers last year, got an interview and was rejected in all fairness I had no idea what I was doing.