(Canada 2024) MPP/MPA Applications

heathers__3

Hi everyone! I just got an offer to Waterloo's MPS program which I am super happy about :) I also applied to Carleton MPPA, Queen's MPA, UofT MPP, and TMU MPPA (listed in order of my personal preference). Waterloo is probably tied with Carleton for my top choice so I am hoping to hear back from the other schools before making a choice, but I am so relieved to have at least heard from one school. 

Good luck to everyone and will hopefully report back if/when I hear from other schools!

Hi, I received offers of admission to Waterloo MPS and Western MA in Political Science. Only waiting for Carleton now, my status still says recommended for assessment. I will probably make a final decision once I hear back from Carleton to compare funding packages. 

1 hour ago, xfinzo said:

Just received my informal offer from UofT!! No movement on Carleton though.

Congratulations! I think I replied to your comment on reddit haha. What other programs have you applied to?

13 hours ago, Tz17 said:

Congratulations! I think I replied to your comment on reddit haha. What other programs have you applied to?

Oh LOL yes - I was asking about where you saw your Acorn update! I've only applied to UofT and Carleton with UofT being my top choice :) I'm honestly shocked the informal offer came so early since in previous years it looked like people got offers around March 16th/17th/18th. 

Edited by xfinzo

18 hours ago, Tz17 said:

Just received the official letter from UofT for some reason. Got awarded 3000 dollars.

Also got this today with the same funding offer! The letter was dated March 1st (when I got the update on Acorn) but I only received the application update today. 

12 minutes ago, pupflash said:

just received admission to Carleton MPPA! I will be accepting this offer and if anyone else is as well feel free to reach out! 

Congratulations!!!

Still stuck on "preliminary review required" for my MPPA app... Do international students get their offers later? I have to respond to other program offers in the next two weeks and I'm getting a little nervous...

Congrats to everyone who got into the MPPA program. I was wondering if you guys think they're still handing out admissions or should I assume I didn't get in? My application still says recommended for assessment. 

12 minutes ago, Hamdiya said:

Congrats to everyone who got into the MPPA program. I was wondering if you guys think they're still handing out admissions or should I assume I didn't get in? My application still says recommended for assessment. 

Wondering the same. Kinda worried now 😅