(Canada 2024) MPP/MPA Applications

heathers__3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 2:53 PM, Tz17 said:

Apparently Queen's MPA could be suspended for the 2024 cohort because of some review process. Feels bad if this happens. 

I was really excited about the Queens program.. Hope they decide against suspension.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if this is the only forum and reddit are the only forums global/international affairs applications are discussed? I don't know about you but compared to what I have seen on other years there has been little to no discussion. Best of luck to all!

3 hours ago, Cstudent1 said:

Anyone know if this is the only forum and reddit are the only forums global/international affairs applications are discussed? I don't know about you but compared to what I have seen on other years there has been little to no discussion. Best of luck to all!

Yeah I'm wondering this too... last year it seemed as if there was so much more discussion. Not sure if there is another place for this

I applied to 5 different programs and so far have only gotten accepted into Ottawa MPA with merit scholarship. For my Carlton application the status shows recommended for assessment and I was looking at previous years and it seems they give out their admissions at the start of March

Ottawa MPA 

Ottawa GSPIA 

Waterloo MPS 

Carleton MPPA 

Western MA in PSCI

Edited by Hamdiya

On 2/20/2024 at 1:07 PM, Hamdiya said:

I applied to 5 different programs and so far have only gotten accepted into Ottawa MPA with merit scholarship. For my Carlton application the status shows recommended for assessment and I was looking at previous years and it seems they give out their admissions at the start of March

Ottawa MPA 

Ottawa GSPIA 

Waterloo MPS 

Carleton MPPA 

Western MA in PSCI

Congratulations on the Ottawa offer! I was thinking of applying but the french requirement really put me off. 

Hi everyone! I applied to MPPA and NPSIA, my application for MPPA is still "recommended for assessment." However, my NPSIA application moved to "review in progress by faculty," so I am hoping my application for MPPA will be moved soonish, since I applied to both programs on January 31st. I looked at older threads and it looks like most acceptances for MPPA are offered in March. Background: I am a Carleton University student, I have an undergraduate degree in Law with a concentration in Transitional Law and Human Rights and a minor in English. I am also completing another undergraduate degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. My CPGPA for Law was a 10.6 and for English it is a 10.8, I also have not completed Introduction to Micro and Macroeconomics (but I talked to someone from admissions and they said it doesn't hurt your application if you don't have it). I also don't have any government work experience, but I do have work and volunteer experience at the school. Best of luck to everyone! I will update this thread, once I receive an acceptance or rejection. I feel so nervous!!!

10 hours ago, HanBanan888 said:

Hi everyone! I applied to MPPA and NPSIA, my application for MPPA is still "recommended for assessment." However, my NPSIA application moved to "review in progress by faculty," so I am hoping my application for MPPA will be moved soonish, since I applied to both programs on January 31st. I looked at older threads and it looks like most acceptances for MPPA are offered in March. Background: I am a Carleton University student, I have an undergraduate degree in Law with a concentration in Transitional Law and Human Rights and a minor in English. I am also completing another undergraduate degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. My CPGPA for Law was a 10.6 and for English it is a 10.8, I also have not completed Introduction to Micro and Macroeconomics (but I talked to someone from admissions and they said it doesn't hurt your application if you don't have it). I also don't have any government work experience, but I do have work and volunteer experience at the school. Best of luck to everyone! I will update this thread, once I receive an acceptance or rejection. I feel so nervous!!!

Hey! I'm in a similar position as you in terms of cGPA (i think... based on the conversion guide I found online) except I'm finishing up my undergrad at Uoft. I have a good amount of research experience and publications however I also didn't complete the micro and macro courses though I'm planning on completing it if I get in to the MPPA via Athabasca online sometime during the summer. Goodluck to you too! I hope we both get in!! Nervous as well 

I got my acceptance into NIPSIA this afternoon! My application for MPPA is still "recommended for assessment" I think I will wait until I hear from MPPA, and then I will make a decision. Good luck everyone! I feel like the decisions will start rolling in soon. 

1 hour ago, HanBanan888 said:

I got my acceptance into NIPSIA this afternoon! My application for MPPA is still "recommended for assessment" I think I will wait until I hear from MPPA, and then I will make a decision. Good luck everyone! I feel like the decisions will start rolling in soon. 

Congratulations! I hope you get acceptances for other schools too! :)

6 hours ago, HanBanan888 said:

Congrats!! 

I also got an email from Queens that they didn’t decide to stop admissions and that we should be hearing a response by March 1st so thats pretty awesome. 

1 hour ago, pupflash said:

I've applied to Carleton's MPPA and my application has been 'recommended for assessment' for a couple weeks now. Hoping we all hear back soon :)

Same for me too. I’ve heard some people getting an update to their status already so we might be able to hear back soon