NDSEG 2023-2024

foundnemo44

For any tea leaf readers, I looked at the 2020-2021 cycle which was also administered by SysPlus, and they crowdsourced a Google spreadsheet of the updates.

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/126090-ndseg-2020-20201/?do=findComment&comment=1058825232

(direct link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBzKN6fLLH11WsgaoQnfcC4aECeBOOXvc8FTxhs9qfc/edit#gid=466934317)

From the 3rd sheet, 14 users reported receiving March updates, 10/11 of those ended up receiving the fellowship. 3 or 4 of those were waitlisted. From the 1st sheet, 7 users reported receiving March updates, 4/5 of those ended up receiving the fellowship, 2 did not say.

Some selected fellows did not receive a February update.

Emails were sent 3/29, but many confusing updates were posted to the system in the preceding days.

2 hours ago, BigMane said:

Got a 3/20 update. Submitted for AFRL.

Awesome, congrats! Mine's still 3/12. I bet each agency goes through panel reviews at different times. The 2020-2021 cycle spreadsheet makes it seem like there might be a second round of March updates, so keep us posted on if your date changes again! 

The 2020-2021 spreadsheet's first March update dates are pretty much the same across each service (although there's not many AFOSR or ONR data points from people that won), but with the three data points we have this year, it seems like now they update each service at different times. 

Also, I just got a 3/21 update - slightly smaller time interval than 2020-2021's ~3/15 first update/~3/24 second update

16 hours ago, thewire said:

The 2020-2021 spreadsheet's first March update dates are pretty much the same across each service (although there's not many AFOSR or ONR data points from people that won), but with the three data points we have this year, it seems like now they update each service at different times. 

Also, I just got a 3/21 update - slightly smaller time interval than 2020-2021's ~3/15 first update/~3/24 second update

I also got a 3/21 update! 

29 minutes ago, bubbleGal said:

Would you mind linking the Reddit post? Time to go hunting

GradCafe takes forever to approve posts with links, but if you search for "NDSEG fellowship status?" or u/WhatToDoNow_1234 there's a very small thread!

46 minutes ago, bubbleGal said:

@thewire @BigMane Check your application portals! Where mine once said "Under Evaluation" it now says "Selected!" Still trying to not get too excited, but take a peek. My status was listed as under eval even this morning when I last replied to this chain

21 minutes ago, thewire said:

OMG yes me as well!! 

I also have "Status: Selected." Hoping selected for more than just wait-list, but congrats either way to you both.

8 minutes ago, BigMane said:

I also have "Status: Selected." Hoping selected for more than just wait-list, but congrats either way to you both.

Yeah congratulations! Keep us updated, fingers crossed for more than waitlist :)

hello everyone! long time lurker.

Got 12/1, 2/1, 3/12, 3/15, 3/21 updates for ONR, Chemistry.

Have status: wait list

Does anyone have any info on how many wait lists were awarded for previous years/ success rate there? Congrats to all who got 🥳

I just checked the 2020-2021 & 2019-2020 cycles (both managed by SysPlus) - in 2020-2021, page 8-9 has people reporting portal updates (to Selected/Not Selected) on Friday, 3/26/2021, and emails came out Monday, 3/29/2021. 
In 2019-2020, page 60 has people reporting portal updates (to Selected/Not Selected/Waitlist) on Friday, 4/17/2020, and emails came out that same day. We'll potentially receive emails later this evening or Monday!