2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

13 hours ago, Polisci24 said:

Just for the reference. From last year's posts, all Princeton posts in late Jan turned out  to be trolls, they sent out acceptances and rejections at the same day (February 6th). It might be true Princeton sent out acceptances earlier this year ... I personally will be cautious until people claim here. 

EDIT: Feb 6 for acceptance, Feb 7 for rejection (23fall); Feb 7 acceptance, Feb 8 rejection (22fall)

If they follow the same pattern, it looks like next Monday for acceptances and Tuesday for rejections. 

1 minute ago, politicalscience33 said:

But also, remember a rejection is not a rejection until you hear. Especially at larger public school programs. 

Yes this is true. But according to the faculty member on campus I've been communicating with their offers have been sent. Not sure if that's just for American subfield, but I've also spoken to someone who was admitted for political theory. 

Claiming Brown acceptance! Second time applying. Last year I was rejected by 12 unis (including Brown). Never (never) give up. This process can become soul draining and (particularly for int students) resource draining. But there is always a chance to improve your application. Time and dedication trumps (at least a little bit) the whole randomness inherent to this process. Opening a beer tonight :). 

15 minutes ago, odonnellista said:

Claiming Brown acceptance! Second time applying. Last year I was rejected by 12 unis (including Brown). Never (never) give up. This process can become soul draining and (particularly for int students) resource draining. But there is always a chance to improve your application. Time and dedication trumps (at least a little bit) the whole randomness inherent to this process. Opening a beer tonight :). 

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask which subfield?

1 hour ago, Maverickz said:

Any Texas Austin (IR subfield) applicants  here?? I have been seeing some acceptance, is that all from the department?

me! I was waitlisted on the 16th, but have been in communication with a faculty member who is interested in my application. 

3 minutes ago, fizzan said:

Rejected from UIUC - not the best fit but never nice! congrats to those admitted :)

May i ask if it's from the portal? mine is still "awaiting decision". Thanks!

1 minute ago, Polisci24 said:

May i ask if it's from the portal? mine is still "awaiting decision". Thanks!

Mine is also "awaiting decision". Maybe we are on the wait-list? Or our rejections just haven't come in yet 😂. But I do know from past forums that UIUC admits heavily off of their wait-list. So hoping that is us!

7 minutes ago, fizzan said:

nope, mine still says that! via email

While rejection via personal email from program director is kind, I am over here refreshing my email wondering at what point are they stopping sending them and if they are going to continue tomorrow 😂

19 minutes ago, ugh08 said:

Mine is also "awaiting decision". Maybe we are on the wait-list? Or our rejections just haven't come in yet 😂. But I do know from past forums that UIUC admits heavily off of their wait-list. So hoping that is us!

haha maybe... i did reached out my POI and had somehow positive correspondence last year... but we never know😂. Finger crossed. It's still 4pm in Illinois so probably we can hear back soon.