2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

Do you think that Berkeley still sends out acceptances? According to last year, further results might come out today, however, they never sent in several batches, so maybe it is already over...

Also, Chicago and NYU might come out this week!

37 minutes ago, cbsag123 said:

Has anyone claimed the berkeley acceptances that were posted on monday?

I think one or two claimed them here (and also on Reddit), so I am definitely sure they are correct. It just seems weird since Berkeley always sent them all out on one day, and this time they seem to be spread out. I am more wondering if the rejection that was posted is true, since that doesn't really add up. 

Edited by SJPY

3 minutes ago, Greg_app said:

Is there a more/less common time that results come out? Or totally random? (Help, I am checking my email every 30 seconds in lieu of working lol)

So, based on past decision dates, this is a time when many schools (Vandy, UChicago, duke, northwestern) do tend to release decisions. But every year can be different it seems

1 minute ago, Greg_app said:

Is there a more/less common time that results come out? Or totally random? (Help, I am checking my email every 30 seconds in lieu of working lol)

Feels like more of them have come out in the afternoon/evening if that's any help!

6 minutes ago, Polisci882 said:

So, based on past decision dates, this is a time when many schools (Vandy, UChicago, duke, northwestern) do tend to release decisions. But every year can be different it seems

Oh yes! Sorry, my phrasing was really bad lol. I meant whether mornings, afternoons, or evenings are more common. 

6 hours ago, cbsag123 said:

Has anyone claimed the berkeley acceptances that were posted on monday?

it might be mine - I was truly losing hope as other people seemed to get it on last Friday (?), but mine did not arrive until 9am pacific time on Monday. 

Good luck!!

6 minutes ago, fizzan said:

Northwestern rejection, thank god I got into Wisconsin or i'd be losing my mind!

Hi! Also got a rejection from Northwestern, and I am also accepted in UWM, comp pol field!

3 minutes ago, linze said:

Hi! Also got a rejection from Northwestern, and I am also accepted in UWM, comp pol field!

congrats!! I'm American subfield myself, really like the sound of the UW-M program

Northwestern rejected, not a good fit at all, so not surprised. congrats to those who made it!

Btw, my sample is not quantitative (but related to a few target schools), and I do lack enough related background (only several basic quant courses, and I just mentioned my intentions to do quant research by listing two ideas in my statement), would that be a mistake given the fact that quant is quite essential in the US? Thx in advance!

4 minutes ago, Cagmadhige said:

Yes! At least they were faithful to their traditional dates of offers!

Which programs we should be expecting next? 

definitely thinking duke, vandy, georgetown, and uwashington, as they've been doing some rounds of interviews a while back. maybe unc is around the corner as well? also expecting wisc to formally hand me a rejection.

Edited by barthestow

2 minutes ago, barthestow said:

definitely thinking duke, vandy, georgetown, and uwashington, as they've been doing some rounds of interviews a while back. maybe unc is around the corner as well? also expecting wisc to formally hand me a rejection.

I interviewed with Vandy 2 weeks ago and really hope they release decisions soon. The interview went well but I’m nervous 

10 minutes ago, polisci119 said:

Northwestern rejected, not a good fit at all, so not surprised. congrats to those who made it!

Btw, my sample is not quantitative (but related to a few target schools), and I do lack enough related background (only several basic quant courses, and I just mentioned my intentions to do quant research by listing two ideas in my statement), would that be a mistake given the fact that quant is quite essential in the US? Thx in advance!

i'll let others weigh in on the quant aspect as i have a decisively qualitative focus (old-school political economy; law & society type); but i think the lack of quant experience as evidenced through your coursework (or your sop/writing sample) would be quite unfavorable because there's only a handful of faculty who would be able to work with you. political science in the US is a siloed field that has strict methodological boundaries that distinguish itself from adjacent fields, say, political sociology.