Feminist/Women's/Gender/Sexuality Studies PhD 2024 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am an international applicant. I have applied to around 7 WGSS/Feminist Studies programs in the states. I have been invited for an interview at Stony Brook and Indiana so far. Waiting to hear from the rest! 

Hello, international applicant here.

I have applied to Yale WGSS/English. I’m anxiously waiting for updates.

do you guys know if they are holding interviews or something? Thanks and good luck!

Hi! International applicant too! 

I applied to six WGSS programs in the US and haven't heard anything from five schools.

Has anyone heard from UW or Rutgers this year? Thank you in advance!

Hello, @JElla! 

UW and Rutgers haven't gotten back. I don't know much about UW but I've heard and read that Rutgers sometimes conducts interviews with shortlisted applicants. However, they're also known to give an offer without an interview. I reached out to Professor Kyla Schuller at Rutgers, whom I've been in touch with, for updates. If I get any, I'll let y'all know. 

Ciao! 

2 hours ago, Roshan Roy said:

Hello, @JElla! 

UW and Rutgers haven't gotten back. I don't know much about UW but I've heard and read that Rutgers sometimes conducts interviews with shortlisted applicants. However, they're also known to give an offer without an interview. I reached out to Professor Kyla Schuller at Rutgers, whom I've been in touch with, for updates. If I get any, I'll let y'all know. 

Ciao! 

Thank you so much for the updates! Good luck everyone! 

23 hours ago, lrbss said:

Hello, international applicant here.

I have applied to Yale WGSS/English. I’m anxiously waiting for updates.

do you guys know if they are holding interviews or something? Thanks and good luck!

I haven't heard anything and haven't seen any Yale humanities interviews posted on here yet besides history

On 1/25/2024 at 5:11 PM, Manolya said:

Has anyone heard back from Yale's WGSS and anthropology combined PhD? Saw someone got an interview from the WGSS and African American Studies yesterday.

Oh wow... I didn't realize they sent out interviews for WGSS and AFAM already. Guess it is not looking good for me. Do you know if a professor contacted this person or through the portal? 

I am only asking because I am currently finishing my master's at Yale, and from what I know about their admissions process is that they typically send out all results through the portal at the same time. For example, when they sent out interviews when I applied they also sent out rejections at the same time. However, there is a chance this may differ for PhD programs. I haven't been able to find anything too specific about that process on their website. 

On 1/30/2024 at 9:53 AM, Roshan Roy said:

Update from UW-Seattle: 

"We plan to notify all applicants by early to mid-February whether they have been selected for a Zoom interview."

Urgh, I am so done waiting. Feeling the pressure of it all. 

Thank you for sharing this! I know the waiting is hell and I just started preparing for the 2025 cycle lol (zero offers until now). Hopefully everyone can get to wherever yall wanna be! 

I think there's an update on the main page (GradCafe) about an interview with the African American Studies And Women, Gender, And Sexuality Studies at Yale. 

The waiting period is extremely difficult. But I hope each of us are able to get whatever we have worked towards. 

got to know, informally, that I am not going to be moving forward in the admissions process at Rutgers because they only want to admit 2-3 students, and having an international student is apprently expensive for them, this year. 

Edited by Roshan Roy

On 2/4/2024 at 7:12 PM, Roshan Roy said:

I think there's an update on the main page (GradCafe) about an interview with the African American Studies And Women, Gender, And Sexuality Studies at Yale. 

The waiting period is extremely difficult. But I hope each of us are able to get whatever we have worked towards. 

got to know, informally, that I am not going to be moving forward in the admissions process at Rutgers because they only want to admit 2-3 students, and having an international student is apprently expensive for them, this year. 

Same here. Two of my friends got interviews from Rutgers and they are both domestic students.

I think Rutgers has already made up their mind. I emailed them, and Ed Cohen (the grad director) said, "we are going to admit at most 3 students." And I think they are not going to pick any international students, because he underscored funding issues. 

I got accepted at UCSB. The department has recommended me for admission and the graduate division has to now get back to me with a letter and funding details. 

Also, I wrote to all the schools I applied to for an update. Try doing that!

• 2 weeks later...