Fall 2024 Linguistics Applications (US universities): Interviews, Decision, Announcements

linguistics1222

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well as you are eagerly awaiting the outcomes of your applications. I've initiated this thread as a space for linguistics applicants to exchange updates on the programs we've applied to. Feel free to share any news, such as receiving interview invitations or decision made from XXX university. Good luck guys! 

Edited by minimalist

• linguistics1222 changed the title to Fall 2024 Linguistics Applications (US universities): Interviews, Decision, Announcements
  • 3 weeks later...

Well got two inerviews from Buffalo and Santa Cruz. Waiting for the response! The interview for UCSC went smoothly. It was rather a friendly conversation. The meeting with Buffalo was more formal and they asked more questions. 

I applied to other universities. No rejection or no acceptance so far! My dealines varied from Dec 1st to Jan 10th. 

I was wondering if anyone who applied to OSU got an interview! I have seen two results at gradcafe (one acceptance and one rejection!).

Wondering if anyone has received their application outcomes for the following schools.

1. Georgetown University

2. UPenn

3. University of Illinois at Urbana

4. University of Wisconsin, Madison

Hello again!

Yesterday, I recieved an email from Ohio State University that I have been waitlisted! 

If you are waitlisted, can you say your rank among students? I was in the top 17! 

If you got a better offer and you are considering to decline their offer, can you post it here?

Thank you so much!

I am looking forward to my limited chances. 🤒 

• 3 weeks later...