McMaster MSc eHealth Fall 2024

20 hours ago, Rere2000 said:

Yes, I got an informal admissions offer on March 21!

congrats 🎊 🙌! when was your interview? and did you apply course based or thesis?

2 hours ago, Rere2000 said:

Thank you! I applied for the course based and had my interview on March 12 (first batch) 

Wow! Congratulations!  Thank you for letting us know. My interview was on the 18th and it was pretty bad lmao. I got super anxious during it even though it was not a difficult interview. I should've heard back by now but I haven't so I'm assuming it's not happening. 

Btw, what are your back-ups if some of us don't hear from them? I'm actually looking into some programs in my own time but I'm not sure if there are any good ones. Are most of you already in the field or straight out of undergrad? I'm happy to move to dm if someone wants to help me out in suggesting similar programs. 

17 hours ago, gallaaye said:

Wow! Congratulations!  Thank you for letting us know. My interview was on the 18th and it was pretty bad lmao. I got super anxious during it even though it was not a difficult interview. I should've heard back by now but I haven't so I'm assuming it's not happening. 

Thank you! Don’t worry I thought I did terrible during the interview too. Also don’t lose hope! 

On 3/27/2024 at 6:31 PM, gallaaye said:

Btw, what are your back-ups if some of us don't hear from them? I'm actually looking into some programs in my own time but I'm not sure if there are any good ones. Are most of you already in the field or straight out of undergrad? I'm happy to move to dm if someone wants to help me out in suggesting similar programs. 

What kind of programs are you looking into now? I applied to UTM mbiotech but didn’t hear back. Looked into some other heath informatics the programs but it’s passed the deadlines. 

1 minute ago, J2022 said:

What kind of programs are you looking into now? I applied to UTM mbiotech but didn’t hear back. Looked into some other heath informatics the programs but it’s passed the deadlines. 

I looked at the BU MET online program. I guess it's not too bad if you do it part-time. Not sure if it's good though. I applied to UWaterloo as well but I don't know when they'll get back. 

On 3/26/2024 at 7:12 PM, Rere2000 said:

Yes, I got an informal admissions offer on March 21!

Congratulations!!! This is great. Did they let you know if you would be offered any scholarship? 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:01 PM, gallaaye said:

I know Dalhousie has a program like health informatics. Although it’s available as a certificate option as part of a higher digital innovation masters degree. I didn’t even get an interview so I think it’s time to move on. I really wanted the program tho and I thought I had a good profile🥲

9 hours ago, J2022 said:

Congratulations!!! This is great. Did they let you know if you would be offered any scholarship? 

Thank you!! Noo they haven’t, I’m not sure if they will or not 

8 hours ago, JayBb said:

I know Dalhousie has a program like health informatics. Although it’s available as a certificate option as part of a higher digital innovation masters degree. I didn’t even get an interview so I think it’s time to move on. I really wanted the program tho and I thought I had a good profile🥲

I'm in the same situation, I thought I had a good application and strong recommendations but I haven't heard anything back. I asked for an update and they got back to me on Thursday saying my application was still under review, but I am guessing the chances are slim. I just accepted a job offer with a health tech company though, so if I am rejected this time I will re-apply next year as a part-time student instead, and having the work experience should improve my application too.

anyone else hear back yet? still waiting :( i thought the interview went well so maybe it’s cuz of the easter long weekend? 

9 hours ago, jess_chipz said:

I'm in the same situation, I thought I had a good application and strong recommendations but I haven't heard anything back. I asked for an update and they got back to me on Thursday saying my application was still under review, but I am guessing the chances are slim. I just accepted a job offer with a health tech company though, so if I am rejected this time I will re-apply next year as a part-time student instead, and having the work experience should improve my application too.

Wow, congratulations! Do you mind sharing a bit about your background? I'm looking for similar job positions, but I don't think I could get them unless I have significant experience in the field or an educational background.

9 hours ago, gallaaye said:

Wow, congratulations! Do you mind sharing a bit about your background? I'm looking for similar job positions, but I don't think I could get them unless I have significant experience in the field or an educational background.

Thank you! I worked as a registered pharmacy technician for a few years and then went to McMaster for my undergrad in socsci. While I was doing my degree I transitioned to a role as a medical administrative assistant for a family physician and from there I was able to network with other physicians, drug reps, and health software company reps to find my new role. I have heard from other people that leveraging your contacts is the most effective path to pivoting into a new industry and I would have to agree. If you don't have a large network, my other suggestion would be to find people on LinkedIn at companies that you're interested in and ask if they're willing to share some info about how they landed their role, or if they would be willing to hop on a call with you to give advice, and then try to maintain those relationships with them :)

2 hours ago, butterbeer88 said:

Sorry I know this is for McMaster's ehealth program, but did anyone also apply to MHI at Waterloo? Have you heard anything back from them yet? 😄

On 3/30/2024 at 11:55 AM, jess_chipz said:

Thank you! I worked as a registered pharmacy technician for a few years and then went to McMaster for my undergrad in socsci. While I was doing my degree I transitioned to a role as a medical administrative assistant for a family physician and from there I was able to network with other physicians, drug reps, and health software company reps to find my new role. I have heard from other people that leveraging your contacts is the most effective path to pivoting into a new industry and I would have to agree. If you don't have a large network, my other suggestion would be to find people on LinkedIn at companies that you're interested in and ask if they're willing to share some info about how they landed their role, or if they would be willing to hop on a call with you to give advice, and then try to maintain those relationships with them :)

Wow! I think your background is pretty good. I would say there's still a good possibility you'll get called for an interview. Last year, there were some students who got called for an interview in April as well. For me, I'm straight out of undergrad with no significant experience in the field. Best of Luck! 

2 hours ago, J2022 said:

Anyone else hear back? Do you know if they are still sending out acceptances? 

i saw someone on linkedin who got an offer april 1. still haven’t heard back so i’m thinking waitlist or rejection. i thought my interview went really well though so im conflicted. someone i spoke to actually contacted them for an update and received an offer a few hours after

11 hours ago, SocialCommSLP said:

i saw someone on linkedin who got an offer april 1. still haven’t heard back so i’m thinking waitlist or rejection. i thought my interview went really well though so im conflicted. someone i spoke to actually contacted them for an update and received an offer a few hours after

Contacted them too and apparently I’ve been receiving updates but went to my spam. Checked my application portal and saw an update! I got an offer

Posted (edited)

I've been recommended for admission! Does anyone have the official letter? What does it say about deferrals?

Edited by SocialCommSLP

5 hours ago, SocialCommSLP said:

I've been recommended for admission! Does anyone have the official letter? What does it say about deferrals?

Congrats!!! It didn’t say anything about deferrals on mine.