McMaster MSc eHealth Fall 2024

5 hours ago, Rere2000 said:

Has anyone found a place to rent, what are your plans for that? 

I haven’t yet and I was planing on checking fb market place, I’m out of province so I’m thinking that might make it even harder

2 hours ago, jess_chipz said:

Update for anyone still waiting - I received my interview invitation today, it’s scheduled for April 18th :) keep your hopes up! 

Goodluck!! :)

Are you accepting your offer if you received one? Also does anyone know the long term job/career prospects of this program? My research on LinkedIn mostly shows recent grads, I’m trying to figure the career  progression in the long run! Thanks

On 4/25/2024 at 8:05 PM, J2022 said:

Are you accepting your offer if you received one? Also does anyone know the long term job/career prospects of this program? My research on LinkedIn mostly shows recent grads, I’m trying to figure the career  progression in the long run! Thanks

I accepted my offer but I will be completing it on a part-time basis because I just started a job in the field.

The job prospects are good in my opinion, especially if you are doing the internship. Several of the people that I have met at my company have been hired straight out of their internships with U of T's health informatics program, so I would assume that the outlook is the same for Mac students. For context, the company I work for is under the umbrella of one of two of the largest digital health tech companies in Canada and they are expanding rapidly, so I think this is a great time to be getting into the field. Digital security, health project management and data analytics seem like big priorities right now. 

On 4/8/2024 at 7:14 AM, Rere2000 said:

Has anyone found a place to rent, what are your plans for that? 

Did you find a place yet! It’s been a hassle especially from not being in the city.

51 minutes ago, jess_chipz said:

I accepted my offer but I will be completing it on a part-time basis because I just started a job in the field.

The job prospects are good in my opinion, especially if you are doing the internship. Several of the people that I have met at my company have been hired straight out of their internships with U of T's health informatics program, so I would assume that the outlook is the same for Mac students. For context, the company I work for is under the umbrella of one of two of the largest digital health tech companies in Canada and they are expanding rapidly, so I think this is a great time to be getting into the field. Digital security, health project management and data analytics seem like big priorities right now. 

That’s really encouraging to hear! I’m looking forward to the internship! What is your current job role if you don’t mind me asking? And also do you have an idea of the salaries in this field? 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:20 AM, J2022 said:

Did you find a place yet! It’s been a hassle especially from not being in the city.

Yea it was very tough but I found a place using the Facebook housing groups! 

3 minutes ago, Rere2000 said:

Yea it was very tough but I found a place using the Facebook housing groups! 

Wow really, that’s so nice! 
did you have the opportunity to do the viewing or you found it from outside the province? 

On 5/1/2024 at 11:41 AM, J2022 said:

Wow really, that’s so nice! 
did you have the opportunity to do the viewing or you found it from outside the province? 

I live 2 hours away from Hamilton so I was able to view the house and sign the lease on the same day! 

On 5/2/2024 at 1:21 PM, Rere2000 said:

I live 2 hours away from Hamilton so I was able to view the house and sign the lease on the same day! 

Oh wow i'm in the same position but have found that most places right now are renting for the summer rather than september. I tried joining a mcmaster off campus housing facebook group but havent been approved. Any recommendations for facebook groups?