MDiv/MTS results

mtshopeful

Congrats on UChicago! 

I am also waiting on HDS and YDS for MDiv. I had HDS interview two weeks ago. I got into Union's MDiv with a full tuition scholarship and stipend on Friday. Good luck on the rest of your applications!

I'll use this one because I'm not an MDiv candidate. 

I got in with 75% funding at Duke, then with full funding at UChicago's MA, Boston College's MTS (+ paid research assistantship and 6k additional stipend for 12k total), Notre Dame's MTS, Emory's MTS (+10K stipend), Union Theological Seminary's MA (+10k stipend), and Fordham's MTS. I feel very grateful, but also a little bit shocked. I thought I would maybe get funding at one. I'll likely turn down Duke this week after talking to my mentor, but otherwise, I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Still waiting on Yale's MARc in ethics, but I'm already overwhelmed about making this choice, so any wisdom or insights are welcome.

Edited by theologist

On 3/5/2024 at 7:37 PM, theologist said:

I'll use this one because I'm not an MDiv candidate. 

I got in with 75% funding at Duke, then with full funding at UChicago's MA, Boston College's MTS (+ paid research assistantship and 6k additional stipend for 12k total), Notre Dame's MTS, Emory's MTS (+10K stipend), Union Theological Seminary's MA (+10k stipend), and Fordham's MTS. I feel very grateful, but also a little bit shocked. I thought I would maybe get funding at one. I'll likely turn down Duke this week after talking to my mentor, but otherwise, I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Still waiting on Yale's MARc in ethics, but I'm already overwhelmed about making this choice, so any wisdom or insights are welcome.

Congratulations! One piece of advice, take into account cost of living in each given area. If you are struggling to make ends meet, you won't be able to perform your best. For instance, Boston college is great but make sure you have a plan for crazy rent prices in Boston. That goes for any of the others too. Especially if you have dreams of doing doctoral work in the future, you won't be making any kind of decent money any time soon, if ever. Don't set yourself up for failure in the non academic aspects of your grad school journey. You will be happier for it.