Advertising at UT Austin and UF

Did anyone get accept/reject or have heard anything about admission result yet?

I saw somebody got reject in the results page but in Phd program. what abt Master ? ><

I applied to Telcom for UF, they emailed me several weeks ago that my app was complete and they'd let me know in several weeks, but nothing beyond that yet.

Are You the person who posted in the result page and said that you got accept with a horrible GRE score?

Can you please share your stats? My GRE is also terrible ><

Congratulations to You :)

ps. One Thai is already get accept so my chance might be less T_T

Hello Bhumi! I'm also Thai. I just got my unofficial acceptance letter from UT Austin (MA Advertising) via e-mail today, but no word on funding yet. Ridiculously early, but I'm stoked!

Yes, that would be me. 500 V, 570 Q, 3 AW. I'm obviously really bad when it comes to standardized tests, but my GPA was 3.72. I'd like to believe that I had a satisfactory SOP and decent LORs.

I seriously thought my chances were slim, especially with my terribad Analytical Writing score, but I gave it a shot anyway!

And thanks! I don't think that me being Thai will decrease your chances of getting in!

Thank you for sharing. My profile is pretty much same as you, mine is a little less in Verbal, little more in GPA.

Thanks for your encouraging. I wish I could have a chance same as you :)

No, I didn't get the e-mail yet.

and Yep, I saw someone got acceptance on Feb 3 from UT adgrad twitter.

And is it you again on UT Adgrad facebook? hahaha

I think another round of acceptances just went out this week for UT Austin. Have you heard back? Still heard nothing about financial aid.

I just got reject from UF last night. I am still shocked from what I saw in the e-mail. I thought it was my safe choice.

It's like there's no hope for me to get in UT cuz UT is more competitive.

Now, Im so sad, down, and blue. Hurrrr T_T

I saw that rejection ... very sorry to hear that! Did you apply to any other universities? Since UT hasn't said anything yet, hang in there!

I just got reject from UF last night. I am still shocked from what I saw in the e-mail. I thought it was my safe choice.

It's like there's no hope for me to get in UT cuz UT is more competitive.

Now, Im so sad, down, and blue. Hurrrr T_T

Did anyone get accept/reject or have heard anything about admission result yet?

I saw somebody got reject in the results page but in Phd program. what abt Master ? ><

i heard from my friends,,,,,,,,,, her friend got reject from UFL....she applied to MA program.

I think another round of acceptances just went out this week for UT Austin. Have you heard back? Still heard nothing about financial aid.

Hey Katiana, did you ever end up hearing about financial aid at UT-Austin? If so, how long did it take and how did you get word?

Haven't heard anything yet, sadly. I've been checking this link daily: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/faweb/cash/index.WBX

They recently received my FAFSA info, and according to the site, they will begin evaluating everything in late February. I have a feeling master's students in my field don't receive any merit aid. Seems like most of that type of funding goes towards Ph.D candidates.

Hey Katiana, did you ever end up hearing about financial aid at UT-Austin? If so, how long did it take and how did you get word?