My girlfriend just received her rejection letter by mail today. It was postmarked yesterday. We live in Ann Arbor, so expect more over the next couple of days.

I was expecting that might happen, since I hadn't heard anything.

Got my rejection in the mail today.

My morale has been successfully crushed. I'm giving up.

BUT- can I just say that this lovely form letter they mail you is improperly spaced. MLA says two spaces after the period. Well sometimes they've gone with two, well done. Sometimes there's four, maybe five. And this is from the grad chair.

That makes me feel better. Psh. Who wants to work with people who can't follow MLA? NOT ME.

sleep.gif

Who wants to work with people who can't follow MLA?

The irony of the fact that Sid Smith is the current president of MLA and Patsy Yaeger is current editor of PMLA (both Michigan profs) is too delicious not to point out. Sorry, couldn't resist defending my department. :)

But really, courtniep, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The process is so unpredictable. I hope you hear good news soon!

On 2/22/2011 at 5:43 PM, intextrovert said:

The irony of the fact that Sid Smith is the current president of MLA and Patsy Yaeger is current editor of PMLA (both Michigan profs) is too delicious not to point out. Sorry, couldn't resist defending my department. :)

But really, courtniep, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The process is so unpredictable. I hope you hear good news soon!

Intextrovert, I noticed that you're at UM. I've just been accepted there. I hope you don't mind my asking, but how do you like it there? What is your area? I also have an offer from Rutgers (and am still waiting on a few), so I'm trying to weigh things/get info. Oh yeah, PM me if you don't want to say too much on the board. Thanks!

Thanks very much! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed.