There's a post up on the results page that says someone got a rejection email from Michigan a week ago....are they notifying this soon? Has anyone else heard anything from michigan?

I see one rejection post from Michigan State, but nothing for U of Michigan, which is what I'm assuming you mean by "Michigan"? I think U of Mich is behind- the website still says that my transcript has not been recieved, but I contacted them over a month ago and they said they would notify me if my application is incomplete. Since then I've heard nothing, and the website status hasn't changed. I think they're going to be a while.

Call them! My U of M application also said they had not received my transcripts, so I called to ask them about it...and they actually never received my transcripts.

I meant... I did contact them about never receiving my transcripts and they said they would notify me if they didn't. Maybe I should call them again, but they said they were having a delay in processing and that they would contact me if it was incomplete... I'm so reticent to contact them a second time...

I meant... I did contact them about never receiving my transcripts and they said they would notify me if they didn't. Maybe I should call them again, but they said they were having a delay in processing and that they would contact me if it was incomplete... I'm so reticent to contact them a second time...

I just called them today because the website indicated that my transcripts had not been received either, and the person I spoke to didn't check, saying that it probably wasn't an issue and they would contact me if my application was incomplete. He also said that so long as I had uploaded an unofficial version to my application (which I believe I did), it wouldn't effect anything about the admissions decision, including the speed with which the decision gets made. So if it's just your transcript, I wouldn't stress out.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a result that says waitlisted at Michigan, which I'm assuming in University of Michigan, yet no accepts yet. Anyone else heard anything?

Also, is there a place on wolverine access to see admissions status? I can do all the student center stuff, but I don't see a place to check on the status.

There's a result that says waitlisted at Michigan, which I'm assuming in University of Michigan, yet no accepts yet. Anyone else heard anything?

Also, is there a place on wolverine access to see admissions status? I can do all the student center stuff, but I don't see a place to check on the status.

Yep, I'll claim it. I just got an email from the grad chair at the University of Michigan this morning saying I had been wait listed. The email noted that they have a smaller incoming class this year because they only admit students with a full six-year funding package. I haven't seen any admits yet either.

I haven't replied to the email yet. Does anyone have advice for how to go about responding to these (this is my first)? I originally received a pretty short "good luck" response from my POI back in the fall, but I am wondering if wait listed applicants are expected to be in touch with their POIs to express interest again as well.

I just got three rejections yesterday and was starting to resign myself to being rejected everywhere, so this feels a little better--although I'm worried I'll have my hopes up until mid-April for nothing. Gah, this process is driving me insane.

Also: My status on Wolverine Access has not changed. But you are supposed to be able to see your status under "New and Prospective Student Business."

Edited by emichelle

I just checked my info under "New & Prospective Students" and it says my transcript wasn't received either. It sounds like perhaps they haven't been entered yet.

Oh god. Looks like more decisions posting. Think I'm gonna be sick! blink.gif

Ah, the lady I spoke to sounded rather concerned ("At this point, just try to send another copy...I'M SO SORRY"), so I guess it isn't as big an issue as she implied.

Also: My status on Wolverine Access has not changed. But you are supposed to be able to see your status under "New and Prospective Student Business."

Yeah, that's where I click, but I can't find any place where the status is. All I see it other business, like addresses, applicant data, etc.

Congrats on the waitlist, hope you make it in!

Yeah, that's where I click, but I can't find any place where the status is. All I see it other business, like addresses, applicant data, etc.

The top bar/masthead should be "Admission," and then the first thing under that on the left-hand side is "Application Status," right above "View I-20 or DS2019 Status." But honestly, I don't think they're really using it. My page just says which program I applied to, the date they received my GRE scores, and that my transcript has not been received.

Congrats on the waitlist, hope you make it in!

Thanks!

Edited by emichelle

I can't believe they'd release a "few" decisions and then stop. I'm in perpetual suspense right now. Ahhhhhhh!

The top bar/masthead should be "Admission," and then the first thing under that on the left-hand side is "Application Status," right above "View I-20 or DS2019 Status." But honestly, I don't think they're really using it. My page just says which program I applied to, the date they received my GRE scores, and that my transcript has not been received.

Thanks!

I can't believe they'd release a "few" decisions and then stop. I'm in perpetual suspense right now. Ahhhhhhh!

Seriously! I mean, that's it, right? How big is the Michigan cohort? If we see four acceptances on this board alone, it's got to be over.

Counterpoint: this discussion board reminded me that I should probably check to see if they had my transcript, since it still said it was missing on the website. I called the English department, she asked for my name, and said that they did have my transcript. They would have told me then I had been rejected if it was official, right?

Maybe Psych PhD applicants have more insight into all this... Probably not, though.

Just as an FYI, in previous years, Michigan has notified all accepted and waitlisted students at once, and sent rejections out later. Cohort is generally about 12 Lang & Lit students, plus 2 in the joint Women's Studies program. Congrats on the waitlist, emichelle! And feel free to post here or PM me if you have any questions about the department (which I have nothing but good things to say about) - or being waitlisted, actually. I have experience with both...

Okay, so we are taking this as a rejection? Is anyone sure all applicants that are going to be accepted have been accepted? -- I applied to CUNY, and CUNY has two rounds of decisions. Perhaps, just maybe, Michigan does something similar?

Ouch! I, too, am taking this as a rejection - I applied to the joint English/WS program. Congratulations to those who got in and those who were waitlisted - be proud of yourselves! :D

Edited by cicada123

Okay, so we are taking this as a rejection? Is anyone sure all applicants that are going to be accepted have been accepted? -- I applied to CUNY, and CUNY has two rounds of decisions. Perhaps, just maybe, Michigan does something similar?

I don't know at all. I'm taking it as a rejection merely to emotionally prepare myself for the inevitable. It's possible that they have another round, but it looks like a lot of acceptances posted at once, and they've shrunk their cohort again this year. So for emotional stability, I'm taking it as a rejection.

Yeah, I need to prepare myself.

I don't know at all. I'm taking it as a rejection merely to emotionally prepare myself for the inevitable. It's possible that they have another round, but it looks like a lot of acceptances posted at once, and they've shrunk their cohort again this year. So for emotional stability, I'm taking it as a rejection.

I wish I had your willpower. Until I actually receive that rejection email, I will be foolishly, naively, senselessly hoping that I have a chance...